Saturday, November 20, 2021

35 weeks - Hello, Braxton Hicks!

Well we made a "just to be safe" trip to the birthing center yesterday! The last few days I started having contractions. Most were 5 to 7 mins apart, but some were 2. And I was having more than 6 per hour and they were all lasting more than 20 secs. So they/I wanted me to be seen to be sure all was ok and he wasn't making an early debut, ha ha. I also woke up with a lot of pressure in my nether regions and was like, hmm! So we went in to be safe. My blood pressure and baby's heart all checked out great. And the midwives said even though my cervix is already nice and soft (early softening is really common after 1st babies), everything is still nice and closed up. I'm not even dilated to a 2, so that's great! We are app hoping he can stay in there for a couple more weeks at least. Another day at the VERY least because I'm technically not considered officially 36 weeks until tomorrow (11/21). And you can only deliver at the birthing center between 36 and 42 weeks (due to their accreditation - meaning they take insurance so they have to follow certain guidelines, making it so they cannot deliver anyone before 36 weeks or after 42 + 1. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've kind of been stressing about this. But we will be fine, stay in there little guy!! The longer he cooks the better. If I were having the twins they'd be born today, so crazy. They were born healthy at 36 weeks and needed no medical interventions, so I am not really too awfully nervous about him coming sooner than 40 weeks. But I would really love to finish this hypno birthing course and to get a few more things done around the house. The latter may prove to be difficult since I'm supposed to rest and avoid anything that causes the contractions, which is pretty much anything, ha ha. But my Momma will be here in about a week, so that'll be so helpful! The kids are thrilled she is coming to stay a few weeks before I'm due. And us too! I love her company and it'll be so stress relieving to have help with the twins, house work, and to not have to worry about finding a sitter for the kids when I go into labor (nightmare with all of our food allergies! Makes me and potential sitters nervous). Blake has been working 60+ hrs a week, so our house work has been suffering some, lol. Anywho, the midwives said that the contractions are likely Braxton Hicks along with how he is positioned. He is still head down but is kind of diagonal. They said his positioning alone can cause contractions and discomfort in some women. They said they have had women come in thinking they're in labor but it is just actually because the baby hasn't fully descended downward into birthing position so it causes contractions. So they said hopefully I'll be more comfortable once he comes down more (called lightening). Both he and my cervix are still up quite high, but that's a good thing overall!

I've been keeping my stress at bay with the awesome Hypnobabies affirmation and hypno tracks. This program is seriously awesome you guys!! Not only do I sleep like a freaking rock now, but I am in the section of the program now where you teach yourself to put yourself into self hypnosis. I was skeptical, but it works! Last night I did the Deepening Your Hypnosis track and as I was coming out of it (you count up to 3), parts of my body were numb! So I can now see how women are having pain free, natural, 8oz un-medicated births. With more practice I am confident that I will master it and be able to induce the numbness when and where I need it during my birthing 👍 Only 29 more days to go, let's see how far we can make it!!!

Our latest fun/cuteness...we made some cute and easy Christmas tree ornaments in home Kindergarten, the twins like to think they can still fit in the Bumbo, we mailed our letters to Santa (his elves left us delicious Honey Patties in the mailbox after taking their letters), we've been wrapping gifts and getting them under the tree (less for me to do later!), and reading lots of Christmas books! Cam is obsessed with the Little Drummer Boy song (by "Trash Groman" - Aka Josh Groban 🤣🤣) and Clairebear loves anything nativity related! So I was so happy to find these cute books at our local Costco, they love them 🥳 

PS...my belly pics make me look so much smaller than I am, it's crazy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, hugs! 🦃 










No comments:

Post a Comment