Thursday, November 11, 2021

We are ready for Christmas AND a baby!

So, Christmas is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year! Not only because it involves many exciting things like Santa coming (SO MUCH more fun when you have kiddos!), buying and receiving thoughtful gifts, decorating the Christmas tree, listening to holiday music...but it also is the time of year when I most feel the spirit of the Lord. I am so grateful for our knowledge that families are forever and that we can be forgiven of our sins. Being pregnant this year has definitely made me more emotional, but that's ok! I have teared up hearing the twins sing their favorite song (Little Drummer Boy), watching them decorate the tree, and squeal when the baby's Christmas stocking was hung today. I have always heard that people born in December hate the fact that their birthdays are so close to Christmas/on Christmas. I don't know if if our little Christian will mind or not, but I have to say that I am SO EXCITED to be having a baby near Christmas!! I believe this will be the best Christmas yet. Best ever. 

I tried hard to find the baby a stocking that also had snowflakes on it that wasn't the color of another one we already had and finally found one. Yay! I absolutely LOVE our stocking sign. It looks so amazing with 5 socks on it! I added that extra nail today, got his sock on there, and was just like, "this looks just like it should!" Love this tiny little man so much already. I am really hoping the baby can fit in his stocking when he's born. That is what we are likely going to put him in, along with a cute little holiday beanie, to show him to the twins for the first time. They have always said they want to "open him like a present!" but I don't really want to put him in a box, ha ha. So hopefully the stocking will work out.

Blake has only had 2 Thanksgivings off in 8 years. Plus, we have so many food allergies that we don't usually do much, or anything at all, for that holiday. This being the reason our tree is already up and the house decorated 🤣 I am so excited to hold (and smell!!) a beautiful new baby on Christmas!! If he isn't born late that is, ha ha. We will see if he comes on, before, or after the 19th. Not knowing is kind of stressing me out but it'll be super exciting no matter what! Can't wait to rock and nurse him in my new swivel glider too ❤ Thanks to my Mom and Dad for going in on it with us! Fits perfectly in our baby/school room.

Happy Holidays everyone!!










No comments:

Post a Comment