Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Week 28 - Measuring big & Kindergarten!

I had my 28 week appt the other day with the birthing center. Baby's heart sounded awesome and strong on the doppler. He was wiggling all over the place. She said "You're right, he is very active!" Right after she said that he kicked really hard right where she had the doppler, ha ha. She said we actually do not need to repeat the 24 hour urine test because I have no symptoms of pre-eclampsia. So that's good news, I'm not a fan of doing that test, ha ha. Total pain. I have an even harder time than normal going back to sleep at night after having to collect urine and put it in a container and then in chilled foam cooler, ha ha. We got my new blood sugar monitor calibrated and so far everything is looking good. I am on day 2 of 14. So glad I opted to not drink that nasty glucose drink! I had a hard time getting enough blood for a sample yesterday morning but my mom said to just run my fingers under warm water first, my hands were too cold. I also did some blood work at the birthing center to check for anemia. Can't believe I am already almost 30 weeks! She said I measured 3 cm bigger than my gestational age, ha ha. I was never measured with the twins because they said it was pointless and wouldn't be accurate, so it was interesting to be measured on Monday. My sister said she also measured big with her daughter. Some people in the family are wondering if my due date is a little off, which it could be since my cycles were so whacky after the miscarriage in November, but I'm guessing it is just because I don't have a large rib cage. My belly has nowhere to go but forward, ha ha. I guess we'll know if it was way off if he comes weeks earlier than planned, ha ha. That is one thing I miss about having an induction date, you're able to plan a little bit. But I am so grateful to be able to experience an all natural birth this time! 

Christian is over 15+ inches long and over 2.25 lbs. I have a feeling he is bigger than all the online articles and books say though. I can feel him moving all the way at the top of my torso now just below my breasts, so my uterus has definitely grown! I used to feel him mostly a couple of inches above my belly button, now it is everywhere! He bounced my cup of ice water up off of my belly the other night while Blake and I were watching Manifest, ha ha. So excited to meet this little guy! His brain triples in size this last trimester, so cool. I hope he is chubbing up in there! I have been craving bananas, grapes, and cream of rice cereal lately. And drinking tons and tons of water! I am trying hard to get all my protein daily and need to try to increase my veggie intake some more. I can't seem to do my usual steamed veggies lately, they bloat me up something terrible all of the sudden and it is so painful. Sticking to raw carrots and celery for now,  along with some canned veggies like green beans. 

The twins are getting more and more excited for baby to get here. We all are! They're also starting to get impatient, ha ha. They feel like Christmas time and his due date are a hundred years away. But I told them I promise he'll be here soon, only Halloween and Thanksgiving to go! I got the baby's/school room more cleaned out last week, so we can start bringing in the crib and stuff now 🥳 I hope this school/baby room combo goes well. I am so excited! The twins LOVED starting Kindergarten last week and are so excited for our new books and activities this year. They're also excited to learn to read. Can't believe my babies are big enough to be in Kindergarten! What happened?!? They're the cutest, sweetest, most hilarious, and fun kiddos around! We decided to take the twins to Build A Bear yesterday for our beginning of the year field trip. Claire picked an owl (the pink high heels she got to go on it KILL me!), and Camo picked Stitch. So very him, he loves those movies and crazy Stitch. They also got to pick an animal for Christian for a Christmas present. They picked a cute little brown bear. Cam chose a soccer ball wristlet for it and Claire an Easter egg wristlet. We just need to wrap it now ❤ The sweet girl working the animal fluff machine let the twins each pick a heart to put in the bear for the baby. Thought that was so sweet since it is their Christmas present to him. They were super adorable making their wishes and rubbing the hearts on the animals and whatnot. Claire would close her eyes so tight and cute, and Cam would say the funniest stuff. They also enjoyed riding some rides at the mall for the first time and using an escalator for the first time. Last night Claire told me, "I am SOO tired from such a fun day!" Made my day. Me too baby girl, me too. I slept good last night, lol. That's a first!!

Cuteness of the week: the twins are marveling at my growing belly, and I often crack them up when I bend over and try to reach things or fit places. The other day Claire said, "Mommy, when the baby comes out and your tummy goes down, will you be able to reach the lamp?!" 🥳 They have a cardboard play house from my Grandma that sits between the back slider and the sofa, and my lamp we use nightly was behind it. I could no longer fit between the slider and house to reach the lamp, so I had to move the house everytime and it just cracked her up. So, I finally moved the lamp 🤣

Have a great week everyone! Ps...auto correct on phones now a days drives me nuts and is so weird sometimes! Sorry for all the spelling and grammar errors in my blog posts, most not done by me but I just don't care to fix them all 🤣 I try to stay off my phone as much as possible since emfs/phone radiation does not agree with me at all. 













No comments:

Post a Comment