Friday, September 24, 2021

Week 27 - Open eyes & insomnia

I can't believe we are getting so close to 30 weeks!! I will be 28 weeks this weekend. Thanks to Cam for taking my belly pic today, they're getting pretty good at it, ha ha. As you can see, my baby bump is definitely growing! I have gained almost 30 lbs so far 😳 Maybe because I started off much thinner this pregnancy? Maybe because my morning sickness quit at 10 weeks and didn't last til 5.5 months like with the twins, so I have actually been able to eat? Who knows. But, I've been drinking lots of red raspberry leaf tea to tone my uterus and make labor easier, and also have still been drinking nettle tea and dandelion root tea. So I'm hoping that'll help with keeping the pregnancy bloat/water retention at bay somewhat. We are so super excited to welcome this little guy in December! Still can't believe this is happening. For both of our bodies to just suddenly start working properly after 14 years is insane, ha ha. And a total miracle!

At 27 weeks, the baby's eyes can now fully open and close. Even though their eye sight is poor, they still respond to and are sensitive to light. I wonder what color those pretty little peepers are gonna be?! He also weighs over 2.25 lbs now and is over 15 inches long! He has remained an active, crazy little man, who likes to have dance parties late at night and at 5 or 6am 🤣 He's just prepping me for all the sleep I'm going to not get once he's here I suppose, ha ha. We are still working on getting the baby stuff cleaned off and set up in his room. Having that nasty cold set is back a couple weeks. I'm excited to see it all come together!

As of tomorrow I'll officially be in the 3rd  trimester! I have been having major sleep issues,  pregnancy insomnia is real! I have been trying to not nap to see if that'd help, have been using magnesium lotion in my back, belly, feet and legs before bed, and using a safe homeopathic for sleeplessness. It has been helping but I still have some bad nights. Luckily, the twins are the BEST kiddos ever and let me snooze on the couch when I need to. I have an appt with the birthing center on Monday, I'll let you know how that goes. We need to calibrate my blood sugar monitor at their office, as well as do some blood work. I am so glad I'm not drinking that super gross, sugar filled glucola drink this time around! I also have a very fuzzy face now, ha ha. I got mama bear face fuzz with the twins too. It is kinda long, cracks me up 🤣😬

Cuteness of the week: Christian was kicking and flopping around pretty good yesterday morning while I was in bed, so Cam asked if he could put his stuffed Nemo on my belly. I said sure! Cam could barely breathe because he was laughing so hard. The baby was bopping and flopping Nemo all over the place. It looked like a fish outta water 🤣 He was so hysterical he fell back backwards onto the bed. When Blake got out of the shower I told him what happened. He was wondering what all the commotion was about, ha ha. Wish I could share the video clip but it is too large of a file. Plus, of course once I started videoing the baby calmed down a lot. Figures, ha ha. 

Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment