Thursday, September 16, 2021

Weeks 25 & 26 - A nasty cold

We all caught a nasty severe sinus infection and bronchitis last week, bleh! So, once again I am slacking on posting, ha ha. I caved and finally went to urgent care and was prescribed a prescription for the bronchitis. My poor belly was so sore from all the hacking. I absolutely hate to take stuff while pregnant, and antibiotics trash my gut (PRAYING HARD this doesn't re-ignite a severe yeast rash flare up!! 😬), but I was so miserable and sick and had to do something. Me and the kiddos are still sick but recovering, and Blake is back to work after missing a few days. Luckily he didn't catch the bronchitis, likely would have not been good news for his lungs since he is still recovering from severe pneumonia in May. We will all be super happy to be over this nasty bug and back to normal because the twins are very excited to start home school kindergarten! It has been one thing after another the last couple months so we haven't started yet, but that's ok! I'll post pictures when we start. This year is going to be awesome, The Good and The Beautiful kindergarten program is so adorable! I have a feeling the kids are gonna just love it and be super successful. 

Besides this nasty cold, I am so happy to say that seeing the chiropractor weekly and recently getting a pregnancy massage helped my lower back and severe tailbone pain a ton! After I am fully well from this bug I am going to resume my appointments. I am shocked at what a difference weekly, and sometimes 2xs weekly, adjustments have made for me. I have been able to sleep some better because I am not in pain 24/7, can also play with the kids more, and do more house chores. This little guy will be here in 3 months and I've got lottts to do, so I am thrilled that my back has improved. We still need to clean off the crib and changing table so we can bring them in the house and assemble them in the baby's room. They're a tad dusty from being in storage. Ok, extremely dusty, because of our crazy AZ dust storms/haboobs. Yes, that's a real thing and word. They're nuts! 

Baby boy is growing well and getting more and more active. He continues to keep me awake at night sometimes and wakes me up early in the morning now too, ha ha. The kids have loved to feel him punch and kick, and Daddy finally felt him good too. I may have already mentioned that though. The baby is gaining approx 1/2 per week now, his nervous system is becoming more advanced, has a cute little head of probably brown colored hair, and I believe he has started to get the hiccups, ha ha. He weighs over 2 pounds now, is over 14 inches long from head to toe, and looks just as he will at birth (facial feature wise) minus the major clubbing up he still has to do over the next 3 months. We are all so very excited for him to arrive and we look forward to this Christmas being the most exciting one yet!

I signed up for Hypnobabies! I am so excited to start this online course and look forward to the benefits it is going to provide me during my all-natural and unmedicated birth! I'll post more on Hypnobabies later. Hoping all continues to goes well so that a natural birth at the birthing center is possible. I see the Birthing Center in a couple weeks for my 28 week appt. We will be doing some blood work then, and will also be calibrating my blood sugar monitor that I got. I have elected to not drink those absolutely disgusting and unhealthy glucose drinks this time around and opted for monitoring my blood sugar for 2 weeks instead. Realllly wish my obgyn would have stated this was a possibility with the twins! I feel like those drinks are going to cause diabetes themselves. Gag. I also haven't eaten sugar for 2 years now, so my midwife didn't want to shock my system or make me ill with the glucose drink or  jelly bean options. So, I'll let you know how that goes! 

Last night the twins were asking me what color was the baby's favorite because Claire was Ted to draw him a picture. I replied that I had no idea and we'd have to wait and see once he was here and old enough to show or tell us. Cameron didn't think that answer was good enough so he walks over to my belly and yells, "Christian, what's your favorite color?!?" It was so funny and adorable. I thought it was cute that he thought he would actually get an answer, he he. Cam is quite the character and probably by biggest belly fan. They both constantly rub it and lovingly talk to the baby, but this morning Cam asked if he could take a picture with my "big soft bare belly" because he "loves the sweet little baby so much!" 😭🥰 I thought these pictures were so sweet ❤ He has always been such a loving and affectionate little guy. 

Have a great week and weekend everyone, hope you enjoyed your Labor Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment