Friday, May 14, 2021

The Twins 5th Birthday! - 8 weeks, tacos, oj & video!!

How did our precious little miracle twins turn 5 years old yesterday?!? Time truly does fly by WAAAY too fast. These two are so adorable, sweet, kind, hilarious, sassy, and loving. They say and do the funniest and cutest things! Since Blake is still recovering from his illness, we didn't get to do the birthday bash with our families that we had planned on out of town. But we are just glad Daddy is still here with us! Since Blake can't have any visitors, we did a small and fun party with just us 4 and my Mom. I am SOO grateful that she has been here helping! I have been just extremely exhausted. 

Even though things have been crazy, they still had an awesome day! And they were good little sports and let me take lots of pictures. I'm known as the crazy picture lady in my family. They looked so cute in their new shirts. These are the ones that we got them when we told them I'm having a baby. They got lots of fun presents from us & Papa and Grandma. And they have more on the way from other family. We got Claire a Barbie Animal Rescue, a slinky, Pete the Cat book, and a Baby Alive that you can take in the tub or pool. Cameron got a wooden block set that you can build stuff with, a Bluey family car, Pete the Cat book, and a slinky. The slinky is by far his favorite thing so far I think, ha ha. Figures. My parents got Claire a Ballerina Barbie and a momma Llama with babies. She really loves the momma Llama. Cam got a cool dino Lego set and velcro dart game from Papa and Grandma. And they also got some fun games. We all wore party hats and Grandma made them each a food allergy friendly mug cake and homemade french fries. I laughed that they each put 6 candles on their little cakes instead of 5, they both wanted one candle of every color, lol. I ate SO many fries last night. They were sooo good but I was so miserable afterwards, lol. It was so fun to have Blake come out for a bit and watch the kids open presents. He was pretty pooped afterwards though. I said, "You almost weren't here for this, sir!", and it took everything I had to not start blubbering like a baby. So glad this was a happy birthday and not a devastating one, it easily could have been! Happy Birthday to the cutest 5 year olds around, Mommy and Daddy love you soooo much!!!
















I can't believe I will be 9 weeks on Saturday! This is all just so surreal. Didn't even have time to process anyping really before Blake got sick. So this all still just seems like a dream. When I had the ultrasound on Tuesday, I was sitting there thinking "Is this really MY belly?! Are we sure this isn't a video of someone else's ultrasound?!" 🤣 I really am still totally in shock. It feels like someone is playing a joke on us, ha ha. Maybe it'll seem more real when we find out the gender, idk!? I am going to do the blood work that they offer at the birthing center at 11 weeks that tests for Downs Syndrome, Trisomy, and the gender. Only $100. Our insurance won't be covering as much as it would a hospital birth, but I definitely want a different experience this time. The birthing center is beautiful, so I hope everything works out and I can go and deliver there! I have my first appt with them on the 25th. I'm so excited to find out the gender so much sooner this time around! We found out at the anatomy scan at about 20 weeks with the twins. This time we'll know in almost half the time. The birthing center said the test is like 99% accurate. It's just a simple blood test for me, nothing invasive. I couldn't do this with the twins, as the test is only for singleton pregnancies. Lately, tacos and orange juice are LIFE! I am downing and craving orange juice like you wouldn't believe. Gonna go broke! And I pretty much could eat tacos for every meal, ha ha. Oh, and homemade fries! So yummy. I am feeling really, really tired lately. Not surprising given how much is going on inside of me! I forgot how quickly these little babies develop in the first trimester. Our little peanut is now the size of a raspberry (size depends though on what article you read, ha ha). It is already developing its outer ears, has working joints (wrists, knees, shoulders, etc), and it's internal organs are forming, including its sex organs. Amazing! Cameron saw me looking at this picture on my phone and I thought he would be like, "Eww, gross!" But he said, "Aww, that's so cute!" He thought the umbilical cord was something else and asked me if it was going potty 🤣 He also asked if it was falling, and I said "Nope, it is floating in a water balloon kind of thing!" He was relieved to hear it wasn't falling and thought it was hilarious that the baby is floating around in my belly. They are both so sweet and kiss my tummy often. Cam sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to the baby the other day and then told me it was now sleeping, ha ha. These two are gonna be the sweetest and most helpful big brother and sister ever! I am going to try to upload the ultrasound video of baby, we'll see if it works...I think it did. 




No comments:

Post a Comment