Friday, November 20, 2020

3 more days! - Struggling to stay positive


So, I am not gonna lie...I have been a MESS since our ultrasound on Monday. Is there a baby in there?! Isn't there?! Who knows. I HATE being in limbo, it is the absolute worst. Plus, it just isn't very heart warming to see an empty gestational sac on the screen. Especially after you've been super sick and thinking all had to be fine and dandy. I was expecting to see more than 1 baby on that screen, definitely not 0. I really, really hope that it was just too early! I have read many stories online about women who saw empty sacs at the 6/7 week mark, but when they went back a few days to a week later there was a baby and a yolk sac suddenly visible. If we still see nothing on Monday we'll know it is for sure a blighted ovum pregnancy. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's when the baby stops forming at some point and the gestational sac keeps growing and the hcg keeps rising as if the pregnancy is normal. But it only goes on to a certain point. Most women miscarry with blighted ovum pregnancies between 4 and 7 weeks. Some go as long as 10 weeks. 

These 2 embryos were saved at the twin's transfer, refroze well, thawed awesomely, and were half hatched at the transfer. I am honestly surprised they both didn't take! All of it just worked out so well, so I will be very confused if this doesn't work out. I will definitely be having some words and many questions with/for God if it doesn't. Please continue to keep us in your prayers! I am heart broken we weren't able to tell the twins our exciting news. And I'm terrified we'll never get to. Their reactions would be so funny and precious I think. I hope we can stay sane until Monday. Going to have Blake give me a blessing tonight for comfort. I am really trying to keep the faith, but it has been so very hard. Thanks to those who have messaged, are thinking of us, praying for us, and sending us happy thoughts! We can feel your love ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment