Friday, May 13, 2016

36 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Headed to the hospital!

We CANNOT believe that TOMORROW (well today since it's so late) is 'Baby Day'!!! We're heading to the hospital now! This pregnancy has flown by! Especially grateful that it didn't drag because the last 3 months of it was strict bed rest, and I also had to take it easy from week 8 to 15 because of Claire's placenta previa. Though it went by fast, we were still able to enjoy the experience and the fact that we will finally have babies running around our home soon! It will be quite the change going from waddling around with a big ol belly full of wiggly babies to a crib full of two sweet and very special little people. I wasn't 100% sure I would make it to Friday, but here we are! My cervix held up to full term, yippee!! A total miracle! While we are nervous for the actual birth of the babies (what first time parents aren't?!), we are still so excited to finally meet them! Will they have hair? Will they be bald? Will they look alike or completely different? What will their little personalities be? How much will they weigh? So many fun things to think about! We will know SOON!! I hope, ha ha. Hoping for a short and smooth labor and delivery... 

This week I had my last NSTs at the hospital on Monday, and my last appointments with Dr. O and the high risk office Thursday! Yay for no more appointments...and for already hitting our insurance deductible, lol! NSTs went great, as I said before. Babies didn't even have to be buzzed once :) Dr. O said that I'm dilated just past 3cm and am 70% effaced. He asked at my appointment if this all seems so surreal, and I said back a big yes! We have been waiting for this for 9 lonnng years. He said ok good cause there are no returns and I can't put them back in :) I will be started on the Pitocin when we arrive, receive an epidural around 3-4am, he will break Claire's water around 5, and then we will see how long it takes from there! We will post pics and stats soon as we are able to.

The babies did great on their last BPP also, though it took awhile cause Claire didn't really feel like practice breathing for us, ha ha. Think she was sleepy. They got re-measured Thursday as well but their positioning still made it hard to get good measuments. They estimate Claire is between 4lbs 7 oz and 4 lbs 15 oz. Cameron is around 5 lbs 5oz to 5 lbs 13 oz. We will see how accurate that is!! 

This week the babies are considered full term. And thank goodness cause I'm starting to get really big, and my blood pressure has slowly started to climb because of the Preeclampsia. And that's with the meds. My hands, face, feet and legs have become quite swollen. Makes your skin feel tight and burny :( My app says the babies should each be around 5.5 lbs - 6 lbs and up to 22 inches long. We will see! I don't personally think they'll be that long. But who knows. All I know is that my belly is heavy!! The babies have been completely developed for several weeks. They've just been packing on fat deposits and working on brain development. They have all five senses and can feel pain. Have been able to for awhile now. Hang in there babies, see you soon!!!

Last belly pictures!
 
Last pic as family of 3! Yes, Slinky counts...he has been such a blessing and comfort to us during our 9 years of infertility!
Lovvve these two! Thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Cant wait to see a picture of your little ones! :) I am beyond happy for you and your husband. You 2 deserve nothing but happiness. <3

    ReplyDelete