Sunday, April 17, 2016

Itty bitty! - Preemie vs Newborn Clothes

We are really hoping the insurance will cover the babies being re-measured this coming Thursday! We're so curious to see how much they have grown and approximately weigh. Last time (nearly 4 weeks ago) Cameron weighed 2 lbs 13 ounces and Claire was 2 lbs 8 ounces. According to my pregnancy app, the babies should be packing on a half pound each per week now, so we shall see. It would explain my major belly growth over the last 3 weeks, ha ha! I'm seriously noticably bigger every other day. It's insane. Getting pretty hard to get out of bed. It started out as a super cool sly gator roll, and now I just look like a flailing walrus. Lol!

 People keep telling me, "Oh don't get preemie clothes, just get newborn. It'll be fine." But, the average birth weight for full term twins is only 5.5 lbs. I am not going to be having 7-9 lb babies, ha ha. They will weigh 9-11 lbs combined, and that's if we're lucky. We're thinking they'll definitely be using the preemie clothes we bought. But, we are so grateful that they're healthy and still growing! Check out how tiny these clothes are though, so precious. I was shocked at the difference between the preemie and newborn. Preemie size is as wide as my hand, and I don't have big hands. The preemie and 3 months comparison was even crazier. We are so grateful that they weren't born at 24 weeks though, they would have been micro preemies. They're still going to look super tiny in their carseats!


No comments:

Post a Comment