Thursday, April 21, 2016

33 weeks!!!!!!! - Stinkin Preeclampsia, babies' room & visitors!

Hooray, we've reached 33 weeks!! We can't believe it! I'm amazed that the twinnies are still in there every morning that I wake up. Good little babies! There's a light at the end of the tunnel now, only three more weeks max! Could even be sooner.

32.5 weeks, I'm too pooped to do a 33 week one ha ha

And good thing I'm almost done because this Preeclampsia is gonna be the death of me, stress wise. Grrr!! Tuesday I woke up with a horrible headache and it still wasn't gone by Wednesday at 3pm. That's one of the signs I'm supposed to watch for, headaches that don't go away with Tylenol. My head was just killing me, I was dizzy, nauseated, and was seeing spots and bright lights. So I texted Dr. O and he said to go to OB Triage for some bloodwork to make sure my liver and kidneys still looked good. So, off we went. Blah, soo sick of that place. Just the thought or mere mention of magnesium makes me shutter, ha ha. But, better to go in and be safe than sorry. Poor Mom and I ended up being there for SEVEN hours though because they were slammed. My blood pressure was 156/105 when we got there, not good. And it didn't drop below 140/100 for hours. They told me my bloodwork came back excellent though, which is good because that means the Preeclampsia hasn't started to damage any organs yet. If it had started to the babies would need to come out. Glad my organs are hanging in there, but unfortunately I'm just going to have to suffer with the yucky symptoms. Two and a half of those seven hours was waiting for the doctor on call to make a decision and give the ok to release me. He was stuck in surgery :( I seriously almost walked out, ha ha. At almost 1am I ended up being told to go rest at home and take a higher dose of Tylenol. Yeah, wasn't thrilled. I almost had a pregnant lady meltdown when the nurse said that's what the doctor said!! Nothing like waiting and waiting just to hear that. I felt horrible, returned with symptoms they told me to watch for, etc...and this is what they say!? So livid. Poor Mom had to listen to me rant, ha ha. They said I did the right thing by coming in, if symptoms keep worsening my bloodwork definitely needs to be monitored. But, my headache was going on 36 hours at that point, I was tired, their triage beds are less comfortable than concrete, and I felt like no one was listening to me. I had become more swollen (I have duck lips now lol, normally very thin. And my thighs are huge!), and the babies also hadn't moved nearly as much as usual yesterday either. So that also had me concerned. But, while we were there they also did NSTs and BPPs. The babies did great and passed, but poor Cameron had to be buzzed with the weird buzzer thingy because he was sleepy. They needed him to be more reactive was all, and it doesn't hurt them or me. It's just a little noise maker to wake them up, but it always makes me so sad because it totally makes the babies jump :( I don't like that they're probably scared! Makes me want to snuggle them for hours and tell them it's ok, ha ha. Least it has only happened on two occasions, they're normally very wild babies and don't need stimulation. Anyways, I'm just waiting to hear from my doctor as to if he wants me to start taking my low dose blood pressure meds again or if he wants me on something stronger. Blood pressure isn't terrible today, but something definitely needs to happen though. My bp is slowly climbing daily and having a headache for two days straight isn't normal, or fun. Hoping my body can hang on a little longer so that the babies can cook for another week!

Dr. O didn't end up re-checking my cervix at my Tuesday visit because he said sometimes it can trigger labor. And he wants me to try to hang in there as long as possible, so we don't know if I've dilated past 3cm or not. But, I feel like Claire is going to fall out any second from all the pressure, ha ha. That's normal with twins though. We're just grateful the babies are doing great, are healthy and hanging in there. What I thought were Cameron's little feetsies going bonkers all the time are actually Claire's, he he. She's one wild little lady. She's stretched out all the way from the bottom to the top of the uterus (on my left side). And Cameron is curled up in my ribs on the right, ha ha. She must have decided she was sick of her brother being the uterus hog, lol. Both are still head down. Lop sided bellies are funny though, I can feel and tell exactly where his little bum is cause my belly is popped up and extra hard right there. I swear they're armed with tiny knives or forks though, lol. Their movements are getting pretty sharp and sometimes painful. Can't wait to meet these two!! If we can keep my blood pressure down and organs healthy, I just may go to 36 weeks and have to be induced! Who would have thought, SOO amazing! And funny, given everything that has happened since 24 weeks. Here's a funny pic of their positioning, some have asked where they are and how they're presenting. No, I do not have any artistic abilities...ha ha.

Since I didn't have my BPPs at the high risk office today and had it at the hospital last night instead, we weren't able to have the babies measured :( I'm sooo bummed. So we will have to wait until next Thursday to see how much they approximately weigh. 

We had some awesome visitors on Tuesday from Blake's family! His cousins came to visit and we also got to see this adorable smiley little munchkin! Totally made my day, he's so stinkin cute! They also brought me some of my favorite snacks...jolly ranchers, gummy worms and orange fanta :) Woo hoo! Their mom was sick but she sent a gift with her kids, thanks for the beautiful blankets Aunt Beth!
 

We have started on the babies' room!! Mom and dad bought me the wall decals I've been dying for and they look more adorable than I thought they would! So glad I decided to do Pooh Bear years ago. That's what my nursery was done in as a baby, and the twins even get to use my Pooh crib comforter! And then we also have a new one :) Their changing table arrives tomorrow, and their dresser and organizer baskets came today. I'm doing a mix of blue, pink and green with the Pooh Bear theme. Can't wait to get everything put together! We decided to only do one crib for now because so many twins still like to be close and snuggly with their twinnie after birth. Once they get bigger and start to bother each other we can get another crib. It's starting to seem more real that we have babies on the way, but still so surreal. Blake's cousin said it took her like a month to come out of shock and be like hey I actually have a baby, and he's mine! He he, so I'm sure we will be the same way. It's going to be quite the shock seeing two beautiful babies in a crib after so many years of wishing for a family and after suffering a loss. It's going to be soo amazing! We have waited 9 long years for these little cuties! Still can't believe the Lord blessed us with two. We feel like it's maybe because angel baby Cannon couldn't stay with us? I have been thinking about him/her a lot lately. I miss him terribly and can't help but wonder what would have been. But we are so very grateful that Heavenly Father sent us these two precious little sweeties! We know that Cannon has been watching over Cameron and Claire to make sure they get here safely and healthy! :) I will have to post more nursery pictures once it's more put together. I stood up for a few minutes to stretch my back and to put on some decals. Had to feel like I did something and didn't just watch from my recliner, ha ha. Slinky is still trying very hard to figure out what the heck is going on, it's going to be very interesting to see what he thinks of the babies! I keep thinking of the movie Ice Age...when the sabertooth calls the baby "the pink thing", lol.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment