Sunday, April 24, 2016

NIAW (National Infertility Awareness Week)!!! - April 24-30, 2016



NIAW came at the PERFECT time for me last year. I almost didn't check it out because I wasn't sure that I could emotionally handle it. We had just lost our first baby, Cannon, to a miscarriage the month before after struggling for 8 years to start a family. I sobbed 24/7, was angry, beyond heartbroken, felt so alone, and was absolutely terrrrified to try another embryo transfer. I wanted to just be done and never experience this horrible pain ever again. 

I heard about NIAW through a friend. I was able to find the comfort and support I needed at the time from people just like me. Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed reading all of the success stories. And I bawled my eyes out while reading of others heartbreaking losses. It was extremely therapeutic for me. My husband even liked to hear some of the stories. I urge those who are currently struggling (publicly and privately) to check out this website, as well as local support groups. There are many other great websites out there as well. This online event (still trying to find the Facebook invite for 2016), coupled with much prayer, renewed my hope and faith for our family's future. You could have knocked me over with a feather if you would have told me a year ago, "in about a year from now you guys are going to be expecting and almost due with beautiful, healthy twins!!" 

I thought all hope was lost after I miscarried our first pregnancy. Now I see that it was silly to think, though very easy to think at the time. Over 7 million couples suffer with infertility. That's 1 in 8. Blake and I are 1 in 8! You're not alone. Please NEVER give up on your dreams of starting a family! There are so many options out there. Our babies came to us in such a special way. EMBRYO ADOPTION ROCKS!!! So grateful to my Heavenly Father for guiding us to these precious little souls. I am so excited for NIAW again this year! 



Photocredits: resolve.org and google

No comments:

Post a Comment