Sunday, April 10, 2016

31 weeks!!!!!! - A growing belly, an empty leg & hormone changes!

Yippee yippee yippee!! We have made it another week! Only one week away from our FOURTH goal, I can't believe it! I have renewed faith in my body, and these little babies are just amazing! Almost all of my health problems over the years ended up being due to food allergies that I didn't know I had. I was always sick with something, nothing ever seemed to go my way, etc., on top of suffering from infertility. Even though I'm much healthier now a days and have been able to lose some weight, I still really questioned how well my body would respond to bed rest and preterm labor. But it has put me in my place for sure! I wasn't sure I could do this, but look how far we have come! Thank you for your constant prayers and support! The human body is an amazing thing.

This week I have all of the sudden become a food monster! Mom said I must have an empty leg ;) I am eating so much food it's ridiculous. I will be totally full from something, and then less than two hours later I'm starving again. According to my books and phone app, the babies are each packing on a half pound per week at this point. So I guess that explains it, ha ha. Gotta feed my growing belly and babies! But seriously, it's an insane amount of food...lol. Putting my hubby to shame. Best part about it, not gained any weight, ha ha!

Also this week, I have all of the sudden started sleeping like crap. Was still awake at 5:30am this morning, not cool. I used to fall asleep right away, slept soundly, and could sleep for over ten hours. Now, my brain won't shut off, I have terrible night sweats and hot flashes during the day, and I don't sleep soundly at all. I read that this would probably happen towards the end, I guess at least it waited this long to kick in, ha ha. I also keep dreaming that I get out of bed and my water breaks, ha ha. The babies are also much bigger than they were, and they're very active. Which is soo great, but that also keeps me up. Their movements feel a lot different now than a couple of months ago. I can tell they're running out of room. Instead of cute little bumps and kicks, I'm getting stronger head butts, pointy foot and hand jabs, little bums grinding across my belly slowly, etc. All of the sudden my belly is all distorted looking and then goes back down, he he. So cool!! You can see my belly move from across the room now. Cameron loves to curl up in a big ball and hang out in my ribs. Makes my belly look lop sided, ha ha. Claire seems to still be very low, she loves to head butt me and kick her little feet fast at the top of my belly, ha ha. But neither of them like it all at when I lay on their side of the belly, I can seriously feel them kicking the bed, lol. Poor things must be so squished. Still can't believe that there's two in there! I don't know how much more my ribs can handle, they've become quite sore. To say the least. And being on bed rest doesn't help...constantly laying on ribs that feel like they're gonna snap or burst open like something from an alien movie isn't pleasant, lol. But I am sooo happy they're still healthy, both head down, and growing! We get to measure them again in two more weeks. We're so curious as to how much they've gained!

My blood pressure has stayed down! I'm going on three days now without the low dose meds even and am doing fine. When I saw Dr. O on Thursday he didn't like that the meds were making me feel super itchy. It felt like I had ants all over in my hair :( Since I'm a weirdo when it comes to medications (allergic to benadryl - I know!), he wanted me to stop taking it for a few days since he has never had a patient experience that reaction before and see what my pressure did. It was ok to try since it was a low dose, and things are going just fine. Pressure was 111/67 last night. Today it was elevated some after showering, but that's normal. Hopefully things keep going well! I have become more puffy, especially my legs and face. But, we're hoping that it will progress slowly so that the kiddos can stay in there longer. We shall see, hopefully I don't wake up one morning looking like the Michelin Man! Cause then it's back to the hospital we go :(

Oh!! I'm no longer a dragon! Thank heaven for Prilosec!!! My throat was just absolutely raw, it was awful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment