Monday, February 1, 2016

21 weeks - Lively babies and meat!

The twinners are each the size of a large banana this week! They are moving A LOT more, it's soo fun! I can most often feel baby boy at the top, he's QUITE lively :) I swear he enjoys headbutting my belly button, he he. I felt him outside my tummy for the first time the other night! Now everytime I have Blake try to feel, Cameron immediately stops, ha ha. Little stinker. He especially wiggles after I eat bananas, have an occasional rootbeer (just barely able to tolerate carbonation), or chug some apple juice. Did you know that the babies have been swallowing amniotic fluid for awhile now, and that their newly developed taste buds can now taste things that I eat via their fluid? So cool! Guess he likes what I'm eating. I can feel baby girl's lighter movements way down low in the center and off to the side but not as often. He's more active during the day and I can feel her better at night. Already on opposite schedules...great. Just kidding! Babies at this stage sleep 12 to 14 hours a day, much like a newborn. They still wiggle and twitch while sleeping, so most people don't know that they sleep that much. 

I've finally gained a few pounds, 4 total. Still under my pre-treatment weight though. Thinking it's water weight because my face looks a little more full but that's the only difference. Or maybe I'm just able to get more of my own food nutrients now? Twins really suck it out of you. So happy they're healthy! I'm almost able to eat 3 medium sized meals plus a couple snacks now. Can't overdue it or indigestion strikes and stays for HOURS though. Yuck. One of the many joys of having way slower digestion during pregnancy...and double the hormones from two placentas. All misery is welcomed though, so grateful for these little babies!! Meats are finally starting to sound somewhat appetizing...which is amazing because they've completely disgusted me until now. Smell, sight, taste, etc. Big time gross! Breakfast sausage still makes me feel yucky usually so I avoid it, but I can now stand burger sometimes and was able to eat some delicious brisket, turkey and sausage at our favorite bbq place last week. It was sooooooooooooooo delicious! Still shocked that I was able to eat brisket!

Sadly I've got my first cold since being pregnant. First cold in a long while actually. Not fun. Allergies have gone bonkers. Missing being able to take Nyquil for sure, ha ha! But for now it's saline nose spray, warm showers, lots of sleep (if I can stop coughing), and salt water gargling...gotta keep our little piglets safe! Blake got over it pretty quick, so hopefully I will too. I sound like a chain smoking frog though :'(

We can't wait for our next appointments on the 11th and 22nd! Really hoping baby girl will cooperate this time! Especially on the 22nd, so that we know she's for sure a girl before my baby shower, ha ha. The tech was pretty sure, but it never hurts to be realllly sure...

I feel too cruddy for pictures and have been living in jammies even more since I've been sick, so I will have to post a fun belly picture later and be a bum for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment