Thursday, January 28, 2016

20 weeks - Growing babies, belly, twin's names & letting it all sink in!

Well, it's finally starting to sink in guys!! I thought I would have been a blubbery mess all day Monday after finding out our sweet babies' genders, but I only got a little teary during the ultrasound. I was shocked. SOO happy to finally know that I couldn't cry I guess?! So, I was waiting for the water works to start after waking up the day after, but still nothing. It felt more like I was in the twilight zone because it's all still too good to be true, ha ha. But, it finally caught up with me Tuesday night! I was sorting through clothes trying to see what shirts and dresses still fit, and I just started bawling out of nowhere. Blake called upstairs to me to see what I was doing because I had been up there for awhile...and I was like, "oh, I'm just crying and trying on clothes." Ha ha! He came up and was like wait what?! He was relieved to hear it was happy tears though, lol, and gave me a big, long hug :) So grateful and happy that we have these precious little babies to look forward to this summer! Eternally grateful to our anonymous donor couple, my wonderful parents, and everyone at our fertility center (right down to the receptionist) that made this all possible! We so badly needed this. We have waited so long to be expecting and able to make a gender announcement. My heart (and sanity) couldn't have taken infertility for much longer, or another pregnancy loss. Same for Blake. It's just as hard on them, though they don't show it as well because they're trying to be strong for us ladies. We love these littles so much already! Neither of us cared what the genders turned out to be, but we are thrilled there is one of each! It just feels different now, like they're more of a little person or something because we know they're a boy and girl, ha ha. Not sure if that makes any sense, but they aren't just "the babies" any longer...we have a SON and DAUGHTER in MY belly! We never thought this day would arrive, though we still hoped it would.

Speaking of belly...it just keeps a growin! I love it!! I'm getting more uncomfortable and not sleeping as well, but I totally don't even care! My pregnancy app said the babies could weigh up to 10 ounces by the end of the 20th week, but they were actually already 12 on Monday. That is close to a pound each, so exciting! No wonder I'm growing so fast. We are so happy they're healthy and growing equally. Here's a picture of my baby belly in my favorite dress! I think I have decided that I'm going to start living in dresses...soo comfy. This print makes me look bigger than I am, but still so fun!

20 weeks 3 days 

At 20 weeks the babies are experiencing a lot of cool things. Not only are they starting to pack on the weight, possibly hiccupping and sucking their thumbs, but their reproductive systems are really getting into gear. Baby girl's uterus is already in place and her ovaries are holding over 7 million primitive eggs! Crazy! And, baby boy's testes are already headed to his scrotum. Usually there by 23 weeks. The body is an amazing thing!

I know I already mentioned that the tech was "pretty" sure about baby girl being a girl, and that they're going to reconfirm in a few weeks when they check her heart again (she wasn't positioned great on Monday and had some cord between her legs)...but for now, we are thrilled to welcome 

Cameron Blake 
and 
Claire Autumn

 It's so fun because I've had baby names picked out since I was a little girl, like 8 years old. Not kidding. I loved nothing more than naming my baby dolls, stuffed animals and other toys. Anyway, Cameron Blake was my number one boy name, always! So, it worked out great that I ended up marrying a Blake and that he loves the name Cameron too, ha ha. We both are in love with Claire and have waited SO long to use it. The pits about infertility is that your favorite names get snatched up by family or close friends :( Luckily this one didn't! We love the older, more elegant sounding names. I also really liked Afton, Scarlett, Evelyn and Vivian for girls. But Blake wouldn't go for it, ha ha. We think Claire is a beautiful name though. It's one that's adorable for her when she's itty bitty, and also beautiful for when she's older. So excited for our little Cam and Claire bear's arrival!!! And no, they aren't both C names just because they're twins, ha ha. We just happen to like a lot of C names :)

Thanks for all of your kind words and congratulations! So glad you follow us!

No comments:

Post a Comment