Saturday, February 6, 2016

22 weeks - Eyelashes, a picture frame & new clothes!

This week the twins are the size of a spaghetti squash, and weigh approximately a pound each! Maybe a little more. They now can perceive light even though their eyelids are still sealed. The twins now have a developed sense of touch, and are also growing adorable eyelashes, eyebrows, and possibly even some head hair! Even though I am carrying these sweet babies, they're technically adopted. So, it's very exciting for us to imagine what they're going to look like...hair, eyes, facial features, tootsies, everything...we have no clue! The day they're born is going to be sooo exciting in so many ways! Thinking of them having little eyelashes now just makes my day though, I think that's so cute! Their sense of hearing is definitely in place, they were wiggling away to some Gary Alan and Sammy Kershaw on Pandora while I showered this morning, he he! They're atleast 8 inches long now, and their mostly red skin will start to turn normal colored after they pack on some fat deposits over the next several weeks. I'm excited for our next appointment even though it's just a check up with my regular OB, because I love to hear their little heartbeats. 

I'm starting to have a really hard time getting up off the couch after laying down. I grunt and swing my legs and arms to the side to get momentum. Blake gets a kick out of it, ha ha, and helps me when he's home. I need a rope attached to my ceiling though I think, lol. But I lovvve my growing belly! I didn't realize how big it has gotten lately until I sent the below pics to my sisters, ha ha. The babies are very active, which I love. So, that's reassuring on days when I'm like are you guys still ok in there?! :) I can't help but still worry that something may go wrong. I'm absolutely terrrrified of going into premature labor because they wouldn't survive outside the womb at this age. But, the babies are doing great and my cervix measured 3.03 at my last high risk visit. So nothing to worry about for now, even though it was 4.4 in November. They said fluctuations are normal. If it measured a 1, then we can all freak the heck out, ha ha. Dr. O says a lot of women pregnant with twins end up on bedrest the last two months of pregnancy, so we are hoping I'm not one of them. That's just over a month away, yikes! Going by so fast! Anyways, other than getting over being sick with a nasty cold and extra tired, I'm feeling pretty decent. I'm back to not sleeping great, and eating really small meals though. My growing uterus is squishing my stomach upward, it's weird how you can totally feel it. I eat small amounts and feel extremely full, but I'm still hungry. My multiples book says I will experience things like this about 2 months sooner than women pregnant with one baby. So the horrible back pain is right on time also, lol. Oh how I love my Sunbeam heat pad!! It has become a nightly routine now, sometimes I use it a few times a day if I overdo it with house work or laundry.

Babies belly at 22 weeks! I love how more round it's getting. I look like I'm just about due, lol.

My sweet parents bought me some cute maternity clothes, thanks Mom and Dad!! So, I decided to model some for you since Jcpenney didn't mind me trying them on before I left the store with my online order. Soo nice that I didn't have to waddle back incase something didn't fit :) I haven't documented my growing belly as much as I would have liked, so I guess you get a belly overload this post :) Hooray for Planet Motherhood! They're one of the few brands that make affordable plus sized maternity clothes. 

Lastly, I finally bought a baby sonogram frame! I've been waiting 9 long years to have one of these sitting on my end table! It may seem silly, but it's very special to me to finally have one of these. This is the only shot I have with both babies in it. It's from October so you can't see them well but that's ok :) Baby A (girl) is full body in the front with her foot sticking up, and Baby B (boy) is in the sac behind her. All you can see is his little foot sticking up, he he. It's one of my favorite sonograms. I'm thinking that I'm going to look as big as the mommy in the frame by the time these two get here, ha ha :) Yay for big twin bellies!

4 comments:

  1. I know how much little things, like a picture frame, can mean to those of us who never thought we could dream of our happy ending without feeling so much uncertainty and pain. I am beyond happy for you and your happily ever...beginning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori!! Love you to pieces, thanks for all of your kind words. You're totally right on...it's the little things that matter most, I lovve my picture frame :) Its been a long time coming. Love to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Love following your journey! I will tell you a story about a family I met at our school. Dad was tall and blonde and mom was dark and petite. The oldest son looked just like dad and the youngest son looked exactly like mom. A year or two later she shared both boys were adopted. I am sure your twinies will look just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you sweet woman you, you totally made my night! I love to hear things like that! We have known a couple families like that as well, super cool. In fact, sometimes people who can have their own children, have kids that look nothing like them ha ha. Funny thing! Thanks for following us and for sharing :)

      Delete