Monday, December 28, 2015

16 weeks - Ears, facial expressions & movement!

This week the twins are 4-5 inches long and weigh in around 3-4 ounces each! I've noticed the biggest growth difference with my belly over the last week or so. It's looking bigger on the outside, and is definitely feeling bigger inside. It's a weird feeling, being conscious and aware of your uterus, lol. I swear I've felt the babies move a few times over the last week or so!! And at 13.5 weeks, but I wasn't sure if that's what it was, ha ha. I've never felt anything like it before. Not like gas bubbles at all. I've read that you can sometimes feel twins as early as 12 weeks. Very exciting! So thrilled to officially be a full four months along on January 2nd. Woo! 

The babies eyes can now perceive light even though their eyelids are still sealed. And, their eyes can make small side to side movements. Tiny bones are in place in their ears so they can hear muffled noises now, and they can even make a couple of facial expressions. They're mostly squinting and frowning for now, but still so cute! The muscles in their tiny back's are getting stronger, so they're able to stretch out more. Next appointment and ultrasound is mid January. I will be doing an early glucose test then and some bloodwork. 

I haven't gained any weight so far. I'm still 10 lbs under my pre-treatment weight due to having such severe morning sickness in the beginning. I bet I lost close to 15 - 20 lbs. So sick! But, I'm over weight so it's not a big deal, the babies have both measured perfectly at every ultrasound so far. The doctors said twins eat up a lot of your calories in the first half of pregnancy anyway due to all the amazing growth. They do go from being microscopic to approximately 6 inches long at 20 weeks afterall! 

I'm feeling fairly good lately. Still pretty tired but not sleeping as well sadly. I still like to lay down often because sitting, walking and standing for too long makes the ligaments ache and spasm. I'm starting to get uncomfortable in bed already because of my belly and so much side sleeping. I think a body/pregnancy pillow in is order now. I've started stretching since the round ligament pain isn't as intense now. A heat pad at night before bed helps my back feel better and relax some also. I can only imagine how bad my back is going to hurt in 16 more weeks, ha ha! :O Just so thrilled they're doing well and to be expecting though, so I welcome any and all things pregnancy!

I still can't eat pork or burger without gagging or a sick tummy later, so I avoid it. Greasy and spicy are still a big no-no. I haven't been able to tolerate sweets very well so far, but I was able to eat TWO tasty brownies this week! Thanks Christopher! Along with some Sour Patch Kids gummy candies. Definitely can't eat too much sweets though, tastes extra sugary and rich while pregnant. Still loving green salads, toast with jelly, fruits, veggies, juice, and anything potato though. 

We had a very Merry Christmas with our families last week, and hope this new year will be the best yet!! Happy New Year everyone!

Here's a belly shot from today :)
16 weeks 2 days





No comments:

Post a Comment