Friday, November 13, 2015

Our first OB appointment - ultrasound on Tuesday!

Well today didn't go as expected, ha ha. Not really sure what we were expecting since this was our first real "baby appointment" and we've never been to one before...but I thought we'd at least get to hear the heart beats I guess? Felt like a waste of time. All we got to do was a urine sample, bloodwork, talked briefly with the NP, and received a welcome bag with some fun little things in it. We met with a Nurse Practitioner today, but I will get to meet our doctor before Thanksgiving though. Which is good, because I wasn't really impressed with the NP today. She didn't listen well, and somehow missed the Placenta Previa on my paperwork, so I wasn't going to have an ultrasound for three weeks, ha ha. I was like um yeah I'm gonna need one sooner than that. I have a million questions for our doctor, ha ha. I'm very excited, I've heard he's really good. He's also the Chief of Ob/Gyn at a nearby hospital. 

They aren't going to do a Pap Smear or any other exam until the Placenta Previa clears up, so all we have going on in the near future is an ultrasound this coming Tuesday and another just before Thanksgiving. Those are to check on the babies, but also for some of the early testing. Since we used donor embryos, the parents were screened for Cystic Fibrosis and whatnot before their IVF cycle, so we get to skip all that stuff. I also learned today the name of the ligament causing me so much pain.  The Round Ligaments  (http://www.babycenter.com/0_round-ligament-pain_205.bc). Causes dull achy pains, as well as sharp pains, especially when getting up or rolling over. This ligament supports your pelvis and uterus as your uterus grows. With multiples, it can cause pain before the second trimester because of the faster growing uterus. It does afterall have to accommodate more than one little baby :) I found this website helpful, it has tips on how to help cope and alleviate the pain. So if you're suffering, take a look! I'm definitely gonna try the warm bath and knee stretches.

I'm waiting to quit my shots until we get my Estrogen and Progesterone levels back from today's bloodwork. Usually the baby's placenta is good to go by week 10 and is producing all the needed hormones, but we think it's better to be safe than sorry. The fertility center said that doing injections for a few extra days won't hurt a thing. I hate my shots but it's totally worth it! We want to make sure that their little placentas are good to go :) We want healthy babies!

So, we will see you back on here on Tuesday. Not much else to report on. We did go on a yummy date afterwards to Pf Changs though, and I was able to eat the mongolian beef! Woo hoo! Apparently it's the only beef I can stomach, probably because it's total deliciousness. But, I'm still throwing up, still bloated and miserable, and sleeping a ton :) All good signs. Been eating lots of apples and peanut butter! Hopefully our little peanuts are still ok, Tuesday can't come soon enough. I really liked having an ultrasound every other week with the fertility center, ha ha. It was comforting. I know it's only been a week since our last one ha ha, but having twins is kinda scary! 




No comments:

Post a Comment