Monday, October 26, 2015

Still in shock! - Pregnancy brain is REAL people!

I am still in shock that there are TWO little babies in my body! I have dreamed of having twins since I was a little girl. My dolls were twins, my Barbies and stuffed animals always had twins, my younger sister and I pretended to be twins, both my grandfathers have twin sisters, my great grandmother, and great uncle had two sets of twins! Twins are all over in my family, both sides. I've always thought that myself or one of my siblings would for sure have twins, but when infertility struck my heart sank. My dream of having twins was crushed. Especially after we ended up with zero embryos to transfer on transfer day back in 2008 when we did IVF. But, my dream was made much more possible by our amazing anonymous donor couple last year! I cry at least a couple of times a day out of gratitude, we feel so unbelievably blessed. There isn't a prayer or words good enough to thank God for this miracle, so I'm glad that he knows what's in our hearts. They're overflowing, plus some!

I truly believe that our hearts couldn't have handled this treatment being unsuccessful. Heavenly Father definitely hears our prayers! We are still nervous for our 9 week ultrasound, that's when we found out that Cannon had passed away. But, we are comforted by my ongoing morning sickness, extreme tiredness, and wacky emotions ;) That means all is still hopefully going well in the baby house! We are thrilled that I still have not experienced any spotting this treatment. Hopefully all continues to go smoothly. Still so crazy to me that I had bleeding issues with Cannon (a single baby), but not with the twins. Seems backwards. Unfortunately, the growing placentas can sometimes hit an arterie. It's just bad luck the fertility center said. But, I think me and my Mom are right...Cannon was urgently needed back in heaven for a greater adventure. Love you baby Cannon, thank you for sending Mommy and Daddy TWO little siblings!! We are having TWINS, woooo hoooo! 

I am still craving mustard, pickles, tomatoes (so yay for smoked turkey sandwiches!), potatoes of any kind, white grape juice, lemonade, tuna sandwiches, lays stax chips, and rice chex. Still throwing up several times a day, getting more and more tired, very clumsy, feel and look very bloated, and my sniffer has gone into overdrive. Smells bother me...A LOT, ha ha. I've also discovered that pregnancy brain is REAL people!! I'm such a Forgetful Franny. It's really irritating me, ha ha. Yesterday I got up three times and still didn't get what I needed, grr! My skin is still quite soft and clear though, my nails are growing like weeds, but my hands are extremely dry and have an itchy rash on the tops of them. Hoping it's just from a new lotion and isn't here to stay. It is driving me nutsss! Baby lotion seems to be the only thing that doesn't irritate it. Kinda funny. I know a lot of women get itchy rashes during pregnancy and can have extra sensitive skin. So we will see what happens. I'm also experiencing major traveling issues. I would have looked better and happier on ultrasound day, but I had just ruined most of my face makeup, along with my esophagus ha ha, by violently throwing up in the bathroom two minutes before the ultrasound. When I'm in the car it doesn’t matter if I'm driving, a passenger, or whatever...I'm sooo sick! I can't look out the windshield because it feels as if we are in a fishbowl going super fast. Just intensified motion sickness, or a balance issue? It's not an altitude thing because it doesn't matter if it's a local 15 minute ride or a four hour out of state drive. Gag! Whatever it is, it makes me feel dizzy and weird in the head. My nurse had never heard of that, but one of my cousins said that happened to her with two pregnancies and she couldn't drive for a few months. I'm just glad I'm super talented and held it in by some miracle until we got to the fertility center ;) Otherwise, poor Mom's Lincoln! I luckily carry trash bags in my purse though.

Please say a prayer that Blake and I will not stress too badly over our next ultrasound. I was a nervous wreck the entire week of the last one. We are hopeful, but terrified x 2! Ha ha. Thanks for all of your love and support!

I forgot to post this cute picture that my mom took on ultrasound day. Soo happy that Blake was able to be there. He is also coming for our other one on the 6th! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment