Monday, October 5, 2015

Pregnancy test results - what a day!

!!What a day!! 

After very rainy weather for traveling, what seemed like an eternal wait for them to draw my blood, and an even longer wait to finally hear from the lab and fertility center...WE ARE PREGNANT!!! I am still in total shock, today was stressful, ha ha. Not sure why I was doubting because I've been super sick and pretty much knew I was, ha ha. But, I think I just couldn't let my little heart fully believe after losing Cannon. Blake and Granny said they already knew though, ha ha. But, I got to hear those amazing words for the second time! "Congratulations, you are pregnant!" BEST WORDS EVERRRR! We are so thrilled and grateful!! Really wishing I could hug and kiss our donor couple right now, ha ha. Without them, Blake and I would not be excited beyond belief once again. What a blessing embryo adoption is! 

Not gonna lie, I'm still super scared something may happen. That's normal after a loss, and very hard to make yourself not think. Blake keeps getting after me, ha ha. But, I've made it through today without any spotting, that's one better than last time. So we will take it!! Please stay put little baby or babies! I feel better and better as the day goes on though. Now time for some relaxation and de-stressing!

My hcg level was 275 with Cannon and 209 today. Anything over 80 is considered positive! We found out while we were at my sister's in-laws house ha ha, so my sister's mother in law, Corkie, got to hear the good news before Blake. So, I asked her for a picture since she's extra special and got to be one of the first to hear, he he. I was actually in the bathroom puking when Blake called me back, lol. My sister answered my phone for me and said I was throwing up in the bathroom, so to hold on. And when I came on the phone he said, "so is it good puking, or bad puking!?" Ha ha. I was so happy to say, "it's good puking!!!" I will be sick for ever, as long as this little stinker stays put! We are so happy and will be able to do our first ultrasound in 3 wks. I will be 7 wks by then. We don't know how many are in there yet, and won't until the ultrasound. But, hoping to find a good ob/gyn in our new town! 





This picture below means the world to me! I have waited YEARRRRS to have a belly picture with my younger sister! I know I don't actually have a visible pregnant belly yet, but this still counts! :) We didn't know she was already pregnant with Joyce when we found out we were expecting Cannon. So, we didn't get to do a belly picture because we lived so far away when she found out. But...here it is!! I will treasure it forever! I hope all goes well and we get to see our beautiful little babies play together next year. Love you Ash! Yay for babies!!!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks Heather!! :) We are really excited! Trying to not be a little scared, but it's hard. Hoping this little stinker stays put ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! Follow your blog and had been hoping for the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! We are scared but excited, ha ha! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the scared part completely (I was the poster above). My Husband and I miscarried at 12 weeks after having our first son, each pregnancy after had me scared, always a fear, we now have 3 wonderful little boys and are expecting our 4th child in January!

      Delete
  4. That's amazing!! You totally made my day! Thanks for sharing about your beautiful family. I've decided to quit freaking out because it's not healthy, and just take it one day at a time or I won't be able to enjoy much. Right now, each day that I don't spot is a victory! :) I'm so very sorry for your loss!! Miscarriages are so heartbreaking. But I know you also have a sweet angel baby watching over your family too, who loves you all!

    ReplyDelete