Sunday, October 4, 2015

A baby shower, LDS General Conference & One day til the pregnancy test!

This weekend was my younger sister's baby shower! It turned out absolutely beautiful, and was a BLAST. She had so many show up to support her, and received tons of cute gifts. My sister looked beautiful, I am totally in love with her big belly. I am insanely happy for her and her little family. For those that are thinking oh poor Meg, that must have been SO hard...stop right there! Not once during the shower did I think about my upcoming pregnancy test, my miscarriage, or think oh poor me! Today was about happiness and baby Joyce only. I probably had almost as much fun as my sister, he he! We can't wait until baby Joyce gets here! Another plus about today...I got to hold some CUTE babies! 









 I CANNOT believe that we have our pregnancy blood draw tomorrow!!! Time has absolutely flown by. The whole treatment, even since the transfer, has just gone by super fast. This 2ww (two week wait) has not been nearly as nerve racking as the first. I am getting a little nervous, like I almost just wish I didn't have to go, ha ha. But, at least our two other embryos miraculously bounced back. If this was our last try, I would be so sick with worry. Extremely grateful for those two precious embryos. I am so sick though that I will be shocked if I'm not pregnant. I told my mom, either I'm pregnant, or someone has poisoned me! Threw up 3 times during my sister's shower yesterday, ha ha. And my chest hurts so bad that I almost cried while just lint rolling my shirt today. So...stay tuned for the results tomorrow evening! It's all up to our Heavenly Father, but we are hoping for great things!


Was it just me or was this General Conference just super good!? So many great talks given by lots of amazing people. So grateful for the leaders of our church. I think President Monson is absolutely adorable. I am proud to be a Mormon! I really enjoyed the Hollywood interviews by Sheri Dew on BYUtv. It's great that we have some wonderful christians of all faiths in the crazy Hollywood community to tone down the insanity. I also loved Von Keetch's talk. Once the surfers noticed the sharks by the barrier that was blocking the good waves, their trip suddenly wasn't ruined anymore. Often we don't see the danger, consequences, or reasons for things because we are so focused on and tempted by the fun and desirable things. I feel this way about infertility. You can become so obsessed with wanting a baby that it completely consumes you. We then blind ourselves to God's plan for us. God's plan is best, though we may not see it at the time, or for some time. Conference has helped me feel the peace and comfort that I needed. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!








No comments:

Post a Comment