Monday, September 14, 2015

A comparison to last treatment - Hormone levels & lining checks

I got my bloodwork results today. 11 days and only a few shots in, my Estrogen level went from 37 to 372! No wonder I've been feeling more emotional, ha ha. It's amazing how fast acting these injections can be. Last treatment my levels were 598 at this point in time. I think because it had been several years since I had done any hormone injections? Who knows, our bodies are strange things! Just waiting to hear from the fertility center on where to go from here regarding my injections... 

I also had my lining checked again today, last treatment it was at 6.5, I believe. Today it is at 7.5. I think it's funny that my lining is thicker this time around, but my hormones are almost half what they were. But I was told it's normal for stuff to vary with each treatment. They can't transfer the embryos into a uterus that has a lining thickness of less than 8, so I'm not too far away :) Still praying things go good, but I'm definitely more laid back. Last time on transfer day my lining was above an 11. The 25th is going to be here in the blink of an eye!

Compared to last time, I feel less nauseous, have  less headaches, and am less bloated. That could just be because my Estrogen level is a lot lower this time though. But, I am picky again when it comes to food, I feel I'm more irritable this time around (I think?), and the hotflashes are definitely goin strong. I feel like I may spontaneously combust at any moment, and my cheeks are so red, ha ha. Too bad I don't have the crisp Utah winter weather this time. Last treatment I would go sit outside in the 30 degree weather to cool off. Felt so good! This time, I just get to roast since it's still in the 80s, ha ha. However, tonight is the first evening that I've been able to sit outside and relax. Yay for fall!

I ended my appointments with lunch at In n' Out with my beautiful cousin, Carolyn. We chatted about the ups and downs of enduring fertility treatments. It can be exciting, yet so exhausting. I'm so grateful for all of the scientific progress they have made. Without science, many wouldn't be able to have children. It's so refreshing and therapeutic to talk to someone who actually knows how you feel. Thanks again Carolyn!


No comments:

Post a Comment