Wednesday, November 4, 2020

12 more days! - Cravings, Dizziness & Bloat

Only 12 more days until our first ultrasound!! Woo hoo! We are so excited to see how many little people are in there. We have a feeling it is definitely more than 1, I'll be surprised if it isn't. Even my treatment coordinator told me yesterday that she'd be shocked if there is only 1 in there, based off my hCG level alone, ha ha. I was originally supposed to have the ultrasound on the 20th, but I was able to make it a few days sooner so that it'd make for less travel for Blake and also will get me home to my own bed sooner! Plus, we don't want to be traveling right before the Thanksgiving holiday. I was told there is a possibility we might not hear a heart beat at 6 wks 4 days, but hopefully we will. I read that you can detect heart beats as early as 5.5 wks with the vaginal ultrasounds. But we will at least know how many are in there, and we'll be able to make sure the baby(ies) are measuring properly!

With both of my previous pregnancies I craved spaghetti sauce, big time! Still not happening this time. Instead, I am loving bacon, ham, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, guacamole, salsa, and Fritos or plain potato chips. Since I no longer eat flour or sugar, that pretty much made it so that I can't have any type of cracker. So, munching on a few Fritos or plain potato chips throughout the day has really helped with nausea. I find it interesting that I am still eating and craving meat! When I was pregnant with the twins I couldn't stand the sight or smell of meat for quite awhile. And I'm a major meat eater. But then I craved it towards the end of the pregnancy. I have been waking up in the night absolutely starving, so I keep a banana or two on my night stand. Thought this womb service meme is hilarious 🤣 

I am still throwing up less this time around than with the twins. But I am much more dizzy, nauseous, and bothered by smells more. My dad made a sandwich the other night and it sent me running for the bathroom, twice. I don't know what was worse, the smell of the sourdough bread or the cheese. Blah! I read that high hCG can cause worse dizziness and nausea, so that makes sense. Still can't believe it came back at 602! 

I also am WAY more bloated this time around. Like, holy cow. I'll be 5 wks tomorrow and I already can't fit in most of my jeans. Stretchy pants here I come!! My skinny jeans fit for about 5 minutes 🤣

It is so fun and exciting to be expecting again! I hope things go well because I am super excited to see what amazing, beautiful, and fun little people we get blessed with this time around. Will they look like or act like the twins? Or will they be totally different?! We'll see! 





No comments:

Post a Comment