Monday, October 26, 2020

An update - Morning sickness, shots, and a sweet friend!

Well, we are really hopeful that this embryo transfer worked! I started throwing up a couple of days ago 🥳 I am a freak and get sick super early on. I waited to post about it til I had more running to the bathroom episodes, ha ha. I'm not as sick as I was with the twins, but I am definitely experiencing past symptoms. Maybe I'll be like my mom and only be really sick with my first baby(ies) (me, ha ha)? Or maybe just being healthier will make pregnancy easier on me? Or are all of these things just happening because of the meds? I also am extremely car sick, which also happened with the twins. I wasn't able to drive myself for months. My mom or Blake had to drive me everywhere and I traveled with gallon sized ziplock bags for when I got sick in the car. Had to just lay back in the seat and close my eyes. I also have very tender breasts, bloating, and a dull ache in my uterus. The hormones can cause some of these symptoms but we're hoping everything is a good sign! The achy pain is usually a sign of implantation. Praying that's it! It would just be too crazy to me if this doesn't work out...these last 2 little snowflakes were miraculously saved at our last transfer by the awesome Embryologist, they both thawed beautifully and were almost half hatched, and both transferred well. I will seriously be like WHAT ON EARTH if we don't get a positive test next Monday!! The wait is extra killing me this time, gahhh! Waiting and waiting and waiting 😬😳

In the past at this point after the transfers, I was majorly craving spaghetti sauce. Like, I wanted to drink it through a straw kind of craving! This time it doesn't sound that great though. I instead am craving spicy, fatty, and salty things. I have been eating a lot of plain potato and veggie chips, guacamole, and olives. Also loving apples and baked potatoes. Some meats sound gross and sadly almost all vegetables. I love vegetables and have been eating a tonnn of them since starting Bright Line Eating, but man I just can't hack em very well right now. 

Today Blake mentioned the word "shot" and Claire heard him. She thought he said that Cameron needed a shot. She was seriously concerned that he was really sick and needed a shot for some reason. Poor girl. But after I explained to her that it was for me and that it had good medicine in it to help my tummy she decided it was alright, ha ha. Still didn't let her see though, she was distracted by cartoons. I have purposely not let them see me get any shots because I knew it would upset at least one of them. Also, if the treatment is successful, we don't plan on telling the twins that a baby is on the way until after everything still looks good at my 9 week ultrasound. Losing our angel baby Cannon suddenly at just around 9 weeks has made us hesitant. We VERY MUCH hope we have some exciting news for Cam and Claire soon! So far my sides aren't doing too bad. Still itchy, tender, and red though 😬 

Also, everyone please say a prayer for my beautiful and sweet friend Mariah & her husband Jeremy!! Their embryo transfer today went well, woot! They have been through a lotttt. I am praying sooo hard that we both have some good news next week! She's my infertility hero. It has been so fun and a great comfort to chat with her over the recent years. And really fun to be doing treatments so close together this time. She is my soul sister and we just get each other and all of this crazy that is the life of infertility. Can't wait to meet up and let the kiddos play together! Many thanks to KayDell for introducing us 🥳👍❤






No comments:

Post a Comment