Monday, August 10, 2020

73 more days! - FET calendar & needle nightmares

It's getting closer...I can't believe that a couple of months has already gone by! What the heck!? Only 73 more days until transfer day, woo!

I had a phone appt with my treatment coordinator today 😀 We went over my FET calender and it made this all seem so much more real! My FET (frozen embryo transfer) calendar outlines my whole treatment - when to start and stop meds, doses, blood draw days, lining checks, etc.. I think I'm going to love working with Jessica, she is so nice!

I do have to say that I am SOO glad that the estrogen is in pill form only now, but I am still dreading those massive progesterone needles! Yikes! 😭 But, thanks to an awesome detox I'm doing, my scar tissue/sesame oil remnants from the other treatments has disappeared! I am hoping it will be less painful this time around. Hoping...

We also discussed how many embryos we will be transferring...for those who don't remember, we have 2 frozen embryos left (thanks to Ammon our awesome Embryologist we had last treatment!). We are hoping that they both thaw well so we can transfer 2 again. Dr. C said she is ok with us transferring 1 or 2. And we figured what the hey... because I'm going to be 36, we miscarried before the twins, we have been paying monthly for years to keep them in cryo, and just want to be done. Our last 2 embryos looked excellent when they refroze them, so we are hoping all goes well the morning of the transfer. I do have to say that I am somewhat terrified that we won't have anything to transfer on transfer day, but I am getting more comfortable with the idea that if it doesn't work out then our family is complete as is. We sure love our little rainbow twins!



No comments:

Post a Comment