Friday, April 1, 2016

30 weeks!!!!! - Third goal met, BPPs, more visitors & baby goodies!

Wow, I can't believe I am typing this!!! So unbelievably grateful to hit 30 weeks today! This is huge for us!! My heart is so full, I was hoping with all my being that we could make it to 30 weeks and beyond, but didn't know if that was going to happen. I have tried soo hard to be positive and calm for the babies' sake because you could plainly see my cervix start to contract on the ultrasound screen when I got really nervous. And I've done pretty darn good for being a worry wort spaz head my whole life, but I was still terrified beyond belief at times because I was afraid we might lose one or both them. BUT! I will be on bed rest for SIX weeks on Monday, so crazy! Yay!! Definitely doesn't feel like that long, maybe half. Babies' survival rate is 95%+ now!! Next goal is 32 weeks.

So happy that my Momma is here to help keep these precious little pumpkins in my belly, we honestly don't know what we would have done without her. We will forever be grateful for her sacrifice, service, and love! My granny is also amazing for traveling back and forth from Utah to my parents house to watch my cute little niece while my mom is here with me. I'm sure my gpa misses her terribly. It's hard to be away from your spouse, other children, grandchildren, your own bed, etc., for this long! And who knows how much longer it will be. These little babies could stay in there for one more week, or another six weeks and be full term. Ya never know, lol! But we are so grateful for all of the amazing people in our lives. You are literally helping save our babies. 

Yesterday we had the babies' first BPP testing at the high risk office. No more cervical checks,  yay! The BPP (biophysical profile) test is a belly ultrasound that checks their fluid, heart rates, practice breathing movements, kicks/movements, kidney function, and cord flow. They passed with flying colors and cooperated better than usual, ha ha! So happy! We even got a couple of partial face shots of Claire finally. I love getting to see these cute little babies on the screen! I think their noses look the same :) My grandma and aunt are in town so they got to come also. So fun! Claire's heart rate was 165 and Cameron's was 161. They are both growing great, we get to have them re-measured in three weeks. Hoping they will have doubled in weight again and be in the 4-5 pound range by then. Still so tiny though! Average birth weight for twins at 36 weeks is only 5.5 lbs.

Both babies are still head down, and poor Claire is being squished by her brother still. The face shot of her lips all squished to the side is so cute, yet really sad, ha ha. Wish we could've gotten better 4d ones of her but she's just so low down there that it's difficult. On Monday we start the NSTs (non stress test) at the hospital. Normally you'd do that at your OBs office, but we go to the hospital because we're blessed with twinnies. That testing is the heart rate and contraction monitoring (those monitors made my belly sore while on hospital bed rest, I have NOT missed them ha ha), it makes sure the babies aren't under any stress. 
 
 
 

My grandma and aunt brought a ton of baby items with them because they thought we could use some stuff now since we aren't having the shower til after the babies are born. Soo many great and fun things from my cousin and his wife, thank you Janet and Cody!! So grateful for everything, in perfect condition! Also, my sister in law sent a ton of boy clothes from her and a friend. Cameron is totally set on newborn and 3-6 months clothing. And I will be getting a ton of girl clothes from my sister. Was so fun going through it all, so cute! Thanks to my parents for the awesome Rudy's onesies that Blake wanted so badly, to my Aunt Pammy for the really beautiful afghans, and to my Gma, Aunt Kim, cousin Logan, Great Gma, and Aunt Karen for all the adorable baby gifts! We are getting SOO excited for the twins arrival! What a fun way to celebrate reaching 30 weeks...family, good food and gifts!
 
 
 
 

My belly has definitely kept a growin! It's very hard and painful to roll over in bed now. Feels like I have a bowling ball pressed down on my intestines when laying on my back. Probably because I've got six pounds plus of babies and their luggage down low now, lol. I have horrrrible heartburn all of the sudden!! And I am getting weaker everyday from being on bed rest. So happy they're still in there though!! We are definitely being watched over! Since I was able to quit taking the Nifedipine (prevents contractions - don't worry, it only does good for so long), I no longer have terrible migraines, night sweats or the feeling of not being able to take in a full breath. So nice! My high risk doctor was right, I feel like a million bucks now being off of that stuff. Still doing the progesterone suppositories though because they're vital for keeping the babies in there, along with bed rest.

As far as food, I'm still loving meat, goodies, potatoes, veggies, fruits, etc. My face looks a little puffy now along with my legs, but I've only gained a total of 10 lbs. So happy with that! I did lose almost 20 something from being so sick in the beginning, so if you count that it's 30 lbs. But it's only 10 lbs from my pre-treatment weight :) The babies' movements are less jabby, crazy, and constant now. And more twisty and rolly for the most part. They still bang around in there, don't get me wrong, but the jabby movements decrease as you get further along cause they're getting more squished in there. We still need them to plump up, so I know they're only going to get more squished in there. Poor things. 

Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, messages, gifts, etc! You are loved and so appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment