Thursday, March 17, 2016

28 weeks!!! - Second goal reached, Glucose test & Belly jelly!

We are SOO thrilled and grateful to say that we have made it to our SECOND goal!!! 28 weeks! I was hopeful that we might but wasn't sure we would actually make it because my cervix were so short. But because we have been able to keep our sweet babies in my belly for FOUR more weeks, their chance of survival went from just 30% to 90!! A huge blessing, and less for us to worry about! I hate to think what could have happened should my cervix have insisted on them coming at 24 weeks. We could have lost one or both of them and it just makes me sick to think about. Our hearts couldn't have handled that!! So lucky to be so blessed by great bed rest results, my wonderful slave/babysitter/food & drink fairy (my Momma!), and these not so fun pills (still giving me migraines from heck and insane hot flashes!). We are hopeful that the twinnies may keep cooking for four more weeks though! Next goal is 30 weeks! My doctor will lift some of my restrictions at 32 because bed rest isn't nearly as effective at that point. I'm sure I've already said that before but oh well. I'm tired, ha ha. He said I could go to Wet n' Wild if I'm still pregnant at 34 weeks ;) Made me laugh.

Growing belly, babies are definitely getting bigger!

I had my first appointment today with Dr. O since being on bed rest. He didn't want me venturing out of the house more than absolutely necessary, so I haven't seen him since the hospital. He high fived me and mom today at my appointment and said he is so proud of us and appreciates how hard and uncomfortable strict bed rest is! :) I didn't have a cervical recheck at the high risk office today because there was an appointment and insurance coverage mixup, but we go back next week. Today's funny...Dr. O got out the belly jelly for my ultrasound and didn't know the lid wasn't on tight. He shook it super hard and it flew all over his pant leg and globs of it was all over on the floor. His face was flaming red cause he thought he got it on mom too, ha ha. It was quite entertaining, we all laughed quite hard. Definitely needed it! He said he was happy to provide entertainment since bed rest is boring, lol.

I had my second glucose drink test done today at Dr. O's office also. Fruit punch flavored, yummy!! We should know my results by tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully it comes back perfect again! I think it will because mom took my blood sugar last night and it was great. I have been craving meats and sweets since my last test. So, I am hoping all of the peeps, ginger ale, and yummy banana cupcakes I've been having lately won't effect my levels too badly ;)

The babies heart rates sounded great today. Claire is still head down (cephalic) right on my cervix. And Cameron is still sideways (transverse) facing downward. So all of their legs and feetsies are still in one area, my right side. It's a very active spot, ha ha. With how they're positioned now, if I deliver soon or even later at 32 weeks, it'll require a csection. Just because once Claire is out doesn't mean that Cameron will cooperate and turn head down. He may turn breech. But we will see what happens over the next few weeks. Nothing scheduled for now.

Baby heart beats!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment