Wednesday, January 13, 2016

18 weeks - Half way there! & A baby bedroom!


I was 18 weeks on Saturday! BAM! That is officially half way for twins!! So thrilled! We have our eyes on making it to 36 weeks, come on May 15th!!! Even longer would be fantastic, but it could also be sooner. Praying hard that the pregnancy continues to go smoothly and healthy. We want our teenies as big and as healthy as we can get em'. I have my early glucose test tomorrow, hooray ha ha. And the 20 week anatomy scan later this month. Hopefully everything goes well and the babies are still okay in there! I'm still so scared something is gonna happen, that feeling is lessening but still annoying. We are DYING to know if they are boys or girls! Wish we lived closer to our parents and siblings, we could do a fun gender reveal party or something, But just finally knowing, sharing the news with everyone, and taking pictures for the blog will be fun enough! Already have some ideas. Hopefully these little stinkers will hold still long enough this time for the tech to see, ha ha :(

18 weeks 4 days
Bloated but belly is getting bigger!

This week the twins are the size of a sweet potato! Our little babies are getting big fast :) So is my belly it seems, ha ha. I'm not quite 4.5 months, but I definitely look like more. There are 2 sweet peas in there though. Yay for being giant, I so don't even care! I swear my baby belly randomly grows overnight though, lol. Anyways, the twinnies can be as long as 6 inches and weigh as much as 5.5 to 7 ounces each now. I can feel them move more, along with some weird feeling uterus and abdomen muscle spasm/twitches from fast growth. I will probably start feeling them hiccup over the next few weeks, according to my book and app (everyone is different though). They are learning to yawn, and their own unique set of fingerprints are in the process of being created. Still can't believe that occurs by the babies brushing their fingers against the amniotic sacs! Quite cool. If we are having any girls, her/their tiny uterus and fallopian tubes are moving into their final spots. The babies are also growing toenails now. And lastly, even though their head hair hasn't started growing in yet, their scalp patterns are already developing. I wonder if they will be born with tons of hair like Blake and I were? What color will it be?! Or will they be adorable bald babies like my cute new niece, he he :) Her blonde peach fuzz is to die for and her little noggin is SO soft! The couple who donated the embryos to us had matching eye and hair colors (to me and Blake), but we will just have to wait and see!

Exciting news...I forgot/didn't need to take a Unisom for the first time last night!! I slept absolutely awful, but on the bright side, I'm still alive and not throwing up yet! Felt a little yucky after breakfast, but still very exciting. It's supposed to be the safest thing to take next to wearing the pressure point wrist bands (which I never tried because I was SOO sick), but I still worry about taking things while pregnant. Like, I'm super paranoid. It pains me to take one tylenol when really sore. But anyways, I'm hoping this will last!

I definitely have more energy! I still get pooped pretty quickly and have to pace myself or else I get over-exhausted and sore. But, we spent this weekend sorting closets. Yay! (for reals, no sarcasm ha ha) I was only in the house we are in now for two weeks before I left for the treatment, due to recently moving to a new state. So, what we didn't need for awhile was just left boxed up in closets. It made for verrry clean guest rooms ha ha, but has been getting annoying lately as I have been needing/wanting random boxed things. Anyways, as we were moving this and that (mostly Blake ha ha), Blake was like hey why don't we just start setting up the babies' room?! I instantly had a huge smile on my face and didn't need any convincing. I've always been a paranoid freak and major stresser by nature (it's strong on both sides, I can't help it!), so immediately I thought I hope we don't jinx things by doing this! But, that soon passed and we started the fun! Have to stay positive! He set up the crib, pack and play, bouncer, walker, cleaned up an adorable bassinet from a friend, we opened fun baby item filled boxes, etc. It was quite fun! Slinky was NOT a fan though, he definitely knows something is up. He kept whining, licking Blake, and tried to climb all over us so we would quit, ha ha. He didn't want to give up his bedroom I guess, ha ha. Can't blame him, he's been our only (and very spoiled) baby for 11 years now! Anyways, before going to bed last night though, I had to go peek in the BABIES' ROOM again...just to make sure it was all real and still there! I have a baby room in MY house people!! I've been dreaming of this day for 9 years now. It's so exciting to FINALLY be able to set up some of the things I got from my "hooray we're on the adoption list" baby shower in 2011. No, I don't regret having that shower. Having these baby items gave me much needed hope on very bad days. I knew that someday somehow that crib would have a beautiful baby in it! I knew deep down, even on extra bad days, that Heavenly Father wouldn't let us down. It did take WAY longer than we had planned on, lol...but we get to fill this crib with TWO beautiful babies in May!! TWO! Who came to us in such a wonderful and neat adoption way. So grateful to everyone who came to that adoption shower to support us, and so grateful for all the support we still receive today. Very excited for my shower at home in March also!

Update on past treatment happenings...the numb spots on my thighs are finally starting to get some feeling back in them (approx a 3x8 inch area on the right leg). All those injections really take a toll on your body and it's nerves. Especially when you do two treatments in a year. I DO NOT miss those shots. In fact, now that I'm not doing them anymore, it seems crazy that I did them without even flinching most days, ha ha. And for months on end. But, you gotta do what you gotta do! Also, the injection sites on  my hips are still totally numb and tender when you push on them, but the bruising is mostly gone and it doesn't burn or feel like needles when laying down anymore. Yay!! Didn't make for comfy sleeping or sitting. Glad my body is finally starting to heal.

Here are some pictures from starting the babies' room this weekend :) Slinky loves to photo bomb, ha ha. And yes, I love Pooh Bear. I even get to use my old Pooh quilt, my brother's Pooh Bear diaper stacker, and some other fun things :D Can't wait til the room is decorated and situated. We kind of are just storing all of the baby stuff in the bedroom for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment