Sunday, December 20, 2015

15 weeks! - Wiggly babies & Merry Christmas

I had an appointment with Dr. O on Thursday. Just a check up and question answering. Unfortunately he wasn't able to see well enough to tell us the babies' genders. He actually gave up on trying to even get us some cute ultrasound pics because the babies are so dang wiggly, ha ha. So, we will have to wait until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks to find out the genders. Rather be safe than sorry, don't want incorrect results, ha ha. That wouldn't be fun. Plus it's still kinda early so I wasn't surprised. He said he honestly wouldn't waste money on a 3d place either. Apparently he's had some past patients expecting multiples who told him some of the 3d places wouldn't even see them because they weren't confident they could accurately tell what each baby was. Crazy. We're just happy they're both still healthy and so active! Both their heart rates were good, and he said it's great they're so wiggly...except for when you're trying to get pictures, ha ha. 

I do an early glucose test at my appointment next month. Because you have double the hormones with twins, it's much easier to get Diabetes. So hopefully that goes well. He said my crazy upper abdominal bloating is very normal. I seriously feel like I'm gonna pop 24/7. I've never been so burpy, ha ha. He said it's from double the progesterone and the shifting of my organs. He was happy to hear that the ligament pain has lessened, he said it can be absolutely brutal for some women. I'm not as insanely exhausted (still stinkin tired, don't get me wrong, lol), so that's nice. I have only napped once or twice in the past couple weeks, rather than a 3 hour nap daily. So great to have a little bit of energy. Dr. O said to enjoy the next couple of months. We are out of the scary zone, and said we don't need to worry about anything until about 6-7 months (early labor). They're still going to keep an eye on my cervix though.

I was 15 weeks yesterday! This week the babies will grow to as big as 4.5 inches long, and are the size of a naval orange! They're getting so big, their growth just amazes me. By next week their ears will be working and they will be able to hear my voice, rumbling tummy, heart beat, Slinky barks, etc. This week they can wiggle their tiny toes and fingers! I LOVE seeing their tiny tootsies on the ultrasounds, baby toes are the best! They also are making breathing movements in preparation for life outside the belly. Baby A is still quite the character, Dr. O said she/he kicked me right in the cervix during the ultrasound, ha ha. Least they weren't fighting this time and kicking each other, lol.

Blurry face shot of Baby A, looking right at us as usual :)

The greatest gift I'm getting this Christmas season is being pregnant with healthy twins!! We are unbelievably grateful for these little miracles, and for the joy they already bring to our lives. I randomly say, "Hey guess what?! We're having twins!" to Blake, lol. It's still shocking and extra exciting some days. We were so thrilled when just one embryo attached with the first transfer, feeling soo blessed that BOTH did this time! I love them so much already and can't imagine what it'll be like seeing them for the first time. So exciting!

I am so grateful for the Savior's love and mercy for us. As we celebrate with our family and friends this week, exchange gifts, eat yummy food, and attend parties...I hope that we can all remember the true reason for this holiday, his birth. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and are touched by the spirit this holiday season! 



No comments:

Post a Comment