Tuesday, November 3, 2015

8 weeks - A new book & What the twins are up to!

The babies are growing a ton, they went from a blueberry to the size of a large raspberry in just a week! That's 10,000 times bigger than at conception. Amazing! I just love reading about this stuff. The book I ordered came yesterday, it's about having multiples. Can't wait to read more! Thanks for the recommendation Sara, it's awesome. I miss you!!

So many people think that having twins isn't much different than having a singleton (yes, that word is now in our vocabulary, ha ha) baby, but it definitely is! So far I have learned that I will have different dietary needs, more frequent doctor visits, stricter physical activity/work restrictions (thank goodness I'm a stay at home wifey now), and will be at higher risk for medical complications. There are TWO babies in there afterall. Just because there's two though doesn't mean that all is doom and gloom...women can have very healthy multiple pregnancies. From what I'm reading, our goal will be to reach 35 weeks. Anything more would be wonderful! While I am considered high risk because of there being two babies, plus the Placenta Previa, and history of infertility, and a miscarriage...I still cannot wait to get home and find a fantastic doctor that we can ask a million questions! ;)

This week: the twins can twitch their tiny trunks, and arms and legs. I can't feel it, but they're moving! Their little kidneys are getting ready to do their job as well. They're already producing brain cells at the rate of 100 per minute, and their little tails are almost gone. Their heart rates are around 150, and their tiny lips, noses, eyelids, and legs continue to take shape. So crazy! Pregnancy is such an amazing and mind boggling thing.

I'm not showing a distinct cute little round belly yet, though some women do this early with twins. So far, I'm just super bloated looking in my lower pelvic area. It's getting less squishy feeling and more tight (not gonna lie, I have some tummy chub). My stomach area is also bloaty. Mom and I are wondering how much of that will go away once I can quit these injections in a couple of weeks though? But, I can feel something firmer in there down low when I'm laying down. Exciting!

With twins, your ligaments soften at a faster rate to accommodate the faster growing uterus. This explains the pain and pressure feelings I've been having. My fertility doctor said it's totally normal and that things are just growing! But, I'm literally having growing pains, ha ha. Sounds funny. I'd lost some more weight before the treatment, but still had some to go - so I may take a little longer to show. Never know, maybe not with twins. But, I have to wear maternity pants and shirts already because I'm so bloated, ha ha. All symptoms welcome though, just so grateful to be able to experience pregnancy once again! Sick and bloated = good!

Hoping the Unisom and B6 keep giving me major relief, I was sooo miserable and dehydrated. If you're not a lucky freak of nature, morning sickness is very intense with multiples. I'm throwing up only once or twice a day now vs. five to eight! Yay Unisom, I'll take it!! These maternity clothes rock though, they really do. We will see how I feel in like four months though, finding clothes may get difficult...lol.

Our next ultrasound is Friday, cross your fingers for us! Hoping so badly that both babies are still doing good. I don't think I will ever shake the fear of, "Are you suuuure they're ok?!?" This Placenta Previa is stressing me out :( Thanks to those few that have messaged me and said they had it too. So nice to feel like you're not alone! And, getting info is also very helpful :)

See you again on Friday evening


2 comments:

  1. I can barely read your print in Blue ink. Can u make it back please? I love to follow your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always been blue font, I just turned the mobile version off because a lot of people were complaining. They like being able to see the entire blog (not just a list of posts) and they can't do that if the mobile version is turned on. So sorry! I will check the settings and see if there's something we can do to meet in the middle so that everyone is happy. Thanks for following us!

      Delete