Friday, October 30, 2015

A very scary morning turned out to be an ok afternoon! - Gonna lose my marbles before these two get here!

I woke up yesterday, went to the bathroom...and BAM! My world ended. Blood is NOT anything I wanted to see this entire pregnancy! Not how I wanted to wake up yesterday either. I was instantly terrified. I started bawling and saying no no no! I literally couldn't believe my eyes, it just wasn't registering in my brain that I was seeing blood. It was like a nightmare. I was so confused, everything had been going SO good! But, this is just about when we lost Cannon, almost to the day. So I've been extra nervous. I called and texted my favorite nurse in a panic. No answer. Emailed my doctor. No answer. Of course these sweet ladies can't foresee that I'm going to be experiencing issues and reply immediately. But, that was one of those instances that I really wished it were so. But, within 20 minutes my nurse called back and said, "Yes come in! We need to check on those little babies!" 

So, my little brother and sister went with me to St. George because my Momma had been helping with my sister's sweet new baby all night. So thankful for them! I love my Bubbie and Sis so much! I couldn't drive myself, and I needed support and a distraction ha ha - they're both quite the characters! However, that was still the LONGEST two hour drive of my stinkin life!! I seriously thought I was going to go insane. Time to think is NOT good. I kept thinking...are they both gone? Is only one having issues? Is there something wrong with ME, why can't I get past 8 weeks!? Is there a subchorionic hemorrhage and they missed it somehow? Should we even bother with our last transfer? We felt so good about this treatment, why isn't it working out?? I truly was preparing myself for awful news. I couldn't get a hold of Blake either. That turned out to be a good thing though, he would have been so sick with worry all afternoon at work. No one in Vegas that I called could get me in, I was so upset. And, it'd cost us a fortune to go to an ER while out of state with our new insurance. I love my fertility center and their staff so much anyways, so it worked out to just drive there. My baby sister kept saying, "I'm sure they're both fine, think positive!" And I would just sniffle and say, "I can't, it's happening again, just like last time." So glad she was right!

 One of the other fertility doctors did my ultrasound (I hadn't met him yet, he was super nice though). I honestly was fearing the worst. My heart was already breaking. The bleeding was too similar to last time, so I braced myself as he started the ultrasound. I don't know if I was even breathing, it couldn't be good news right!? BUT, our precious little twins were ok! Before we could finish the ultrasound I had to go potty again because my semi-full bladder was blocking our view. Ugh! But, atleast he showed me the two heart beats before my bathroom trip so that I could start relaxing. Bless his heart!! Monica was able to come in the room with me and see the babies on the ultrasound screen. We even got to hear their little heart beats again, such a comforting sound!! Their heart rates were great (153 and 148) and they still measured ok.

We discovered that the reason for the bleeding wasn't anything to freak out about just yet. No subchorionic hemorrhages lifting the placentas. I actually have Placenta Previa. One of the babies placenta's attached very low and is partially covering my cervix opening in my uterus. Usually it corrects itself (even though it can take awhile), and slides over on to the uterus wall as the baby grows bigger, where it can continue to grow. Our next ultrasound is in a week. So we can check on the placenta again then. What a relief!! I was sooo scared and was so afraid we wouldn't see any heart beats. But, our babies are still going strong! 

Please keep us in your prayers, we really hope the one placenta moves to where it should be! We will be so heartbroken if we can't get them BOTH here and healthy. So grateful that we still have two sweet raspberries in there! I said a prayer before we left yesterday, for everything to be ok because we CAN'T handle another loss. So grateful that Heavenly Father comforted me and that all turned out ok! It definitely could have been worse. If you have a serious case, Placenta Previa can be a major issue...hemorrhages, miscarriage, low birth weight, etc. So glad he said mine isn't anything to freak out about. I'm supposed to rest and drink a ton of fluids until the blood that's trapped passes and the placenta moves. Hang in there babies, please don't give us any more heart attacks!!! 

Before leaving I asked the doctor for a picture for my blog. He gave us great news afterall! And, he explained everything very well and was very hopeful. He said, "You have a blog?" I said, "Yep I do, and people from many different countries follow us!" He said, "Wow, that's somethin! Here let's hold up the pictures, and if it's ok I will do this." (thumbs up) He he :) My poor face was so red and puffy from crying that morning and crying more after we got the good news that I had to make it black and white, lol. But, I flew outta the house like a crazy person, didn't even brush my hair. What do you expect, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment