Sunday, September 27, 2015

A little post transfer update - missing my hubby already!

Sadly, Blake had to return home today :( Of course I cried like a baby because I'm chalk full of hormones ha ha, but I am just so grateful that he was able to come!! He drove over 20 hrs round trip to be there. Such a trooper and sweetheart! I never would have thought that his new supervisor would let him off of work after only being there for a month. But, they found out what was going on, was touched by our story, and was like get outta here Blake! So happy that he has a wonderful new work environment and supervisors.

Blake being able to come made the experience so much more special for me, and much more real for him. Hopefully this will be the trick to getting a baby, BOTH Mommy and Daddy were there on transfer day, ha ha ;) Last treatment, I just showed up at home after being gone for a month and a half and was like, yay we're pregnant - aren't you so excited!? He was happy, but it was just a little twilight zoney feeling for him, ha ha. This time it was great for him to actually get to see the procedure, hold my hand, help me while on bed rest, comfort me when we thought we lost all of our remaining embryos, and meet our great fertility doctor. It'll make it much more believable and fun for him when we find out we're pregnant again...KNOCK ON WOOD! :) I'm so very lucky to have him forever. Here is another picture from transfer day. We were all in love with the bazillion baby announcements lining the walls, soo many twins. My mom pointed out all of the triplets, Blake may or may not have gotten a little nervous, he he. But I say bring it on!! Hoping we will be on their walls some day soon!


I am finally starting to feel really yucky. Heartburn from hell, achy bloated belly, really sore sides from shots, bad nausea, and I started throwing up today. Only keeping down baked potatoes, hashbrowns, and peaches at the moment. Never eating eggs again, ha ha. I started throwing up just 3 days after the last transfer. The fertility center couldn't believe that I would have morning sickness that early, but I did! They thought it was the stomach flu, ha ha. So, unless the meds are just making me super sick, we are hoping that the vomiting again (and after only 2 days this time around) is a GOOD sign! We shall see on the 5th! So grateful that I felt so much better and active this time around though. What a relief.

!!Hang in there babies!!




4 comments:

  1. Praying for a successful pregnancy for you and your husband. I have followed your story and you are inspiring to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, your comment made our day! Infertility is such a struggle, I'm so glad that I chose to blog our experiences because many suffer in silence. Best of luck to you as well! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for the best for you!! I have friends who have struggled with fertility issues! Hits close to home when it's someone close to you, you see the struggles they go thru, they have been blessed with 2 beautiful little boys thanks to surrogacy!! I somehow stumbled across you blog and have been following you since before your last transfer! Hoping and praying for sticky babies this time around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! I'm glad our blog is floating around out there, I'm always curious how people came across it :) Still in the process of seeing how to make it more accessible in the bloggosphere, ha ha. Thanks for your support and kind words, it has been so touching hearing from those we have never met that enjoy our blog. Feel free to share it with anyone anytime! Even if we don't get a happy ending, I still like to think that it has helped others on similar roads of life.

    That is amazing, surrogacy is a great option! How wonderful for them! Donors and surrogates are so selfless and have a special place in my heart. Very happy for your friends, it always melts my heart when those who struggle for so long finally get a sweet little family!

    Thanks again for saying hi, God bless :)

    ReplyDelete