Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blueberries, maternity pants, and spaghetti sauce!

By the time we have our first ultrasound at the end of this week, the baby (or babies) will be about the size of a blueberry! So fun to think how much they grow in the first several weeks, amazing little things. At 7 weeks: they have a regular heartbeat, they're starting to look less like an alien baby, their little brainwaves can already be detected, their facial features are starting to form, and even though we can't feel it yet they're already starting to wiggle around! Below is a pic I found online of a baby at 7 weeks (parents.com), so crazy to think that we ALL looked like this at one point, the human body is a miracle! In this picture I especially love it's little arms and legs! They don't look like little paddles anymore.
I haven't gained a pound according to my scales (yay because I worked my butt off to lose those 35 lbs!) but I already can't fit into my favorite pair of jeans! My lower abdominal area is soo puffed out, so I already ordered some maternity pants ha ha. Only $18 a pair on Wal-Mart.com, brand is Planet Motherhood, and they're well made. The sizes run big, but they're freakishly comfortable!! I can't wait to wear them Friday for our ultrasound appointment, who cares if I'm wearing them before I'm almost 2 months along. No need to be miserable, I had to have my pants undone the whole drive home ha ha. Makes me wonder if there's more than 1 in there?! Or if these hormone injections that I still have to do til I'm 10 wks along are just making me extra puffy...
 I can't seem to get enough apple juice, water with lime wedges in it, peaches, and spaghetti sauce. It's crazy, I seriously could drink the spaghetti sauce! While I was at my grandparents and parents houses before coming home, I had spaghetti, or these little homemade gfdf pizzas we make, probably twice a day. It didn't matter if I had just thrown up, I wanted spaghetti. Anyone want to guess what is for for lunch today? Lol! I think it's neat though, my mom craved spaghetti with my last 3 siblings. We used to have spaghetti a few nights a week when I was little. I guess we know one thing for sure...I LOVE SPAGHETTI SAUCE! Prego brand to be exact, which makes me laugh! But the more robustly flavored ones I usually get don't settle very well. Kirkland marinara is really good too! And thank you to Grandma for sending home some of your bottled peaches with me, I think they're going to be gone in record time! :) YUMM.
For those who have asked, I am doing really good. I have only spotted/bled a total of like 3 days over the last few weeks. And it doesn't last very long. While it's still nerve racking, resting seems to be doing the trick. When I spotted I had been out shopping and doing errands, every time, so just taking it easy :) Thanks for all of your concern, love, and support! ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment