Friday, January 23, 2015

THE BIG DAY! - the buns are in the oven!


THE BIG DAY!!!

The doctor transferred 2 of our little snowflakes this afternoon ♥ Here are some fun pictures from today! What a REALLY neat experience. It felt very different than I imagined. Mom even got to be in the room with me! We got to laugh and cry together. Not many parents get to watch their grandbabies being dropped into their daughter's uterus, lol! ;) We never thought in a million years that I would ever have 2 little embryos inside of me! Pregnancy just was just something that Blake and I had dreamed about years ago and were going to be robbed of, as unfair as it was. I can't describe to you in words how I feel today, tears of joy overcame me this morning before I even got out of bed. So grateful to our heavenly father and to our selfless donor couple for giving us this opportunity. I
n our opinion, we were finally made parents today! Even if they don't implant, I had 2 precious little souls in me, if only for a short while. But the doctors have high hopes and everything went really really well! It doesn't make sense, but I felt no stress yesterday as we travelled and last night as we went to bed. I thought I would be a total mess! And only felt gratitude and excitement today. I know it's from all of your prayers and good vibes :) We literally can feel them lifting our spirits.

The whole procedure only took about 30 minutes! And the embryos were thawed just this morning, which we found very interesting. Mom and I were able to meet with the staff and go over their quality before the transfer. They both thawed well and are the same quality as when they were frozen, what a relief!! There is sometimes a 5 to 15% chance that they may not thaw as well, and may not even be usable for the transfer. Huge relief that we didn't lose any of our precious snowflakes today!

Below are the actual embryos that were transferred, thought it was so neat to get pictures!! I don't know how anyone can say they aren't "babies" yet, we are already in love. What precious little miracles! Not many can say they have pictures of their kids at this age, he he! :) They're only a few cells old. We will let you know the pregnancy test results as soon as we are able, will be at least a couple of weeks though. For now, it is at least 2 days of bed rest. I plan on more, and possibly some hanging upside down, ha ha! ;)

A BIG THANKS to my mom for coming to this important appointment with me! We've had so much fun! I don't care what anyone says, I HAVE THE BEST PARENTS! They have been so supportive these past 8 years with absolutely everything, and have also assisted us financially to help make this opportunity possible ♥ While it is cheaper than IVF, it still isn't cheap by any means. Hopefully we can finally give them some dang grandkids, lol.

Thanks for all of your support, prayers, and sweet comments throughout this process! Please pray that we will be able to stay sane until the pregnancy test, ha ha!!! Talk about nerve racking...stay in there little babies! Hopefully we will join the baby wall soon at the doctor's office, lots of twins and triplets on there! :)



3 comments:

  1. So much excitement and hope!! Prayers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I teared up at the picture of those little embryos! Stay positive sweetie...you have the right perspective on all of this! I am so proud of the amazing woman you have become!!!!

    ReplyDelete