Tuesday, July 13, 2021

17 weeks - Anatomy Scan!

So, today went as good as I hoped and prayed it would! I was a little nervous about my cervix possibly being too short this pregnancy and having early labor issues again. Nope! Not yet anyways. Dr S, the high risk doctor we met with today, said that she's hoping that all my issues with the twins were simply because it was a twin pregnancy. She said it is a whole different ball game. My cervix was a good 4cm today 🥳 And our tiny little man was super wiggly, stubborn, and oh so entertaining! It was so good to see him on the screen today. It made it much more real. He had us and the ultrasound tech cracking up. Dr S even commented on the funny willy grabbing picture when she came in 🤣 The baby is DEFINITELY a boy! He must have felt self conscious that we were peeking at him today, so he kept reaching under his little leg and poking, yanking on, and covering up his boy parts, ha ha. It has already begun ladies and gentlemen! The ultrasound tech said she has all boys and never gives them grief for yanking on themselves because it is just something they've been doing since before birth, ha ha. So, so true. 

I have to go back in 4 weeks for them to recheck my cervix one more time and a few other things we couldn't get good images of today during the scan. Like a full shot of his heart (we did see 2 different chambers though), bladder, and a couple other things. But, his legs and arms measured well, as well as his head, feet had no signs of a clubbed foot, he was plenty active, and he has a good amount of amniotic fluid. Unfortunately the placenta is at the front of my uterus so it blocked a lot of our views today. The ultrasound tech was so sweet and tried her best to get a good profile pic of him for us but it just wasn't happening, ha ha. Maybe in 4 weeks we will have better luck. They said he weighs approx 7 oz right now and is almost 6 inches long from crown to rump ❤ Thanks to my sweet friend Kathryn for watching the twins for us again today, Blake had a great time being there to see our little guy too!

I have been feeling this little man move more and more lately. He was really kickin' tonight! So excited that his little movements are stronger now. I hope he gets nice and plump over the next 22.5 weeks! Besides getting tired more easily, I have been feeling pretty decent still. Except for this dang rash. I am already really regretting grabbing some things at Costco today after my appt. My rash has flared up again on my chest and legs from the heat. I seriously can't go anywhere 😔 I'm gonna be itchy for days. But my belly is growing every week! It is still more noticeable right now when standing though. Cuteness of the week: the twins were totally hysterical when I explained nursing the other day. Not sure if I already blogged about this? Cam said, "Mommy, my huggies are tiny. Will my huggies (what they calls boobs lol) get milk too??" When I said "Nope, just mommies do after their babies come out of their tummies...", he was like "oh, ok." And that was the end of it. They saw a picture of a mother nursing in my baby magazine and were like what the heck ha ha, so I figured it best to explain now. A few weeks ago while in a public bathroom with them, Claire loudly blurted out, "Mommy, I've never seen you have milk in your huggies before!!" Hopefully no one knew what she was saying, lol? These kids seriously crack me up though! Claire is constantly asking me "how is the baby doing in there mom?" When I tell her I think he is good and growing bigger she says, "oh, gooooood!" and then pats or rubs my belly. I CANNOT wait for him to get here this winter, these two are going to be absolutely adorable with him!! I hope and pray that all continues to go well ❤

I labeled the ultrasound pics so you'd know more of what you are looking at 😀









No comments:

Post a Comment