Sunday, June 28, 2020

A little twin Q&A!

Happy Sunday everyone ❤

It is Q&A time! We always get asked a lot of "twin questions", and just questions in general, ha ha. So, I thought I would do a fun little Q&A post about the twins with the most asked questions! And yes, some people, lots of people actually, have really asked some of these questions 😂 I don't always answer this lengthy, but thought I would since this is just a post. 



Q: "Are they identical??"
A: No, ha ha! It is physically impossible (in many ways) for boy/girl twins to be identical, ha ha. Our twins are Fraternal...Dichorionic Diamniotic Dizygotic (DCDA) twins to be exact. They had separate chorionic & amniotic sacks, and are from separate eggs. They also had their own placentas, though we think they fused toward the end. It's not uncommon. They're no different than any other siblings born years apart. 

Q: "Who is older?"
A: Claire, by 5 minutes. And I'm sure she'll never let him live it down, ha ha. 

Q: "Who is more of a handful?"
A: They are both a handful, ha ha. Super great kids, we are sooo lucky! Claire is our sweet, yet bossy, sassy little sassafras. She's the older sister who thinks she calls all the shots, even for mom and dad sometimes, lol. We call her our Sour Patch Kid because she is either sweet or sour, no in between 🤣 And Cam, though super chill and loving, has struggled with sensory issues until as of late and was once considered to likely be on the spectrum. That was super hard at times, but we are beyond grateful for his recovery!! 

Q: "Are they nocturnal?"
A: Well, yes, they were at times, but usually no. The person meant to say fraternal 🤣

Q: "Who is bigger?"
A: Cameron! He weighs almost 9 lbs more than her and he's almost 3 whole inches taller.

Q: "Did you have a C-section?"
A: No, natural delivery. Woot! Cam turned within 2 weeks of delivering if I remember right, so I was able to deliver vaginally. I had a quick labor and delivery, was super lucky!

Q: "How much did they weigh when they were born?"
A: Claire was 4 lbs 7 oz, Cameron was 5 lbs 1 oz. Teenie tinies, but everyone was healthy and we all went home 2 days later! No NICU admissions,  oxygen, etc. 

Q: "Did you go full term?"
A: For twins, yes, 36 weeks. My doctor didn't want to let me go any longer due to the pre-eclampsia. So blessed to have made it that far considering all our obstacles! 

Q: "Do twins run in your families?"
A: Yes, they do in mine! Both my grandpas have twin sisters, and my great grandmother had 3 sets of twins, 1 set lived. But, we did fertility treatments, so it is definitely more of a possibility when you transfer more than one embryo. Fun fact...the "twin gene" can only run in a female's family. 

Q: "Did you freak out when you found out it was twins??"
A: Yes! But in a good way. We lost our first baby after trying for 8 yrs, so we were thrilled to find out we were expecting 2! 

Q: "Who looks like who?"
A: Well we did Embryo Adoption, so they are not our biological children, even though I carried and birthed them. However, the Lord works in mysterious ways and people who don't know our story are floored when they find out. Everyone says Cameron looks just like me and my dad.  Everyone says Claire looks like Blake. I do on occasion have people say that they both look like me.


Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment