Thursday, August 4, 2016

A very special post! - They were worth the wait!!!

This post is very special to me. I saw some photos like these online a couple of years ago and absolutely fell in love. I just couldn't wait to do this with a photographer, but sadly I forgot my needles when we had the babies pictures professionally done recently. Was soo mad at myself. Oh well. So, I did it myself, ha ha. Years ago, I could just picture a cute little baby, our baby, in one of these needle hearts. This picture idea is the only thing that kept me going some days. Especially after we lost our angel baby, Cannon. What better way to show some of what you endured to finally get a precious baby (or babies in our case!) after a 9 year long battle with infertility?! So neat! Treatments are so hard and such an emotional rollercoaster. Are you going to finally become parents, or are your hearts going to be broken to pieces again? Not fun. Nor are the shots, pills, appointments, etc. Every shot was soo worth it though!

It wasn't until I was done that I noticed one of Cameron's snaps came undone on his outfit and that the blanket was turned the wrong way (ain't that just life?!), but oh well, ha ha. They're still adorable! The love we feel for these sweet little babies is indescribable. We spent many nights crying, many days angry, and many years looking at negative tests. I am so glad that our battle with infertility is over! We did it! I wish I could tell our anonymous donor couple just how much we love and appreciate them. They have blessed us more than they will ever know!! I am so grateful that we didn't give up, and that God had such a neat plan in store for us to grow our family! They were worth the wait!!! Thanks to my friend, Monica B, for the adorable onesies! 

Lots of needles, huh!? This is actually a few needles and several bottles short, and also does not include anything from our IVF cycle in 2008. This is only from our two recent donor embryo transfers.

No babies were harmed during the photo shoot. All needles/syringes were checked and properly capped!







1 comment: