Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weeks 5-7 of Parenthood!

Well I'm a little behind on weekly updates, ha ha. Imagine that! ;) The babies are keeping us busy busy busy. They're just beautiful and grow before our eyes everyday! Seriously, Claire had blonde (like fishing line blonde) eyelashes one day, and by the next they had turned brown! Her hair is coming in quite dark. And Cameron's hair has lightened! We are so grateful for these beautiful beautiful rainbow babies. Our donor couple will never ever in a million years know how much they have blessed us and how much they have healed our broken hearts!

After my baby shower back home, me and the babies stayed with my mom for an extra two weeks so that her and my sisters could help with the babies because I was suffering at home while Blake was at work. I got some much needed sleep! I seriously was on the verge of needing to be admitted to the hospital from exhaustion. Not sleeping can really cause major issues. I was literally falling over and falling asleep while doing things. Scary. So grateful to my mom and sisters for staying up late many nights with our precious bebes so that I could recover. As if my poor mother hadn't already done enough for us! I have THE best mom in the world, hands down!!  I'm so glad I was finally able to make her a Grammy :)

Here is an update on the babies and some pictures of them over the last few weeks. I have sooo many pictures on my phone but had to pick my favorites...

Claire has just blossomed the past few weeks! Especially her eyelashes, they're catching up quickly to brother's luscious lashes. While visiting my family, my dad weighed himself and then himself with each baby. They both came back at exactly 8.2 lbs! Not sure how accurate that was, but they have definitely chubbed up! Especially ClaireBear! That makes her double the weight of when we brought her home from the hospital. Not bad for only 7 weeks of growth! She looks bigger than her brother now. Crazy! She has some real chub on her legs now, her head is twice as big looking, and she is much more alert. I even got some smiles out of her chubby cheeks today. She notices the baby mobile now and will follow your face and voice. She makes the funniest noises. Our house sounds like a zoo, ha ha. She loves to stretch, sleep, grunt, blow bubbles (I finally got a picture of her blowing bubbles!), lay in her rock and play, and has recently decided she really likes her binky and swing. I love her long monkey toes, she takes after me. She has the most beautiful and petite little hands. They're so cute! Her tiny cute little pinky fingers kill us. She is the most beautiful baby girl we've ever seen! She still is very mellow and hardly cries. She has been more vocal lately though. She gives you several warning grunts and squeaks, but when she wants her baba she isn't afraid to cry now, ha ha. She's currently eating just over 3 ounces every 3 hours like brother (seemed like a lot for such tiny babies, but I read it's normal), and is now in newborn sized diapers and is starting to fill out newborn clothes. No more preemie! Some newborn clothes are even too short for her. She has some long little legs. She definitely has us all wrapped around her adorable little finger! 



Cameron is hilarious! He's quite fiesty, like his Momma, ha ha. He knows what he wants and when he wants it. He makes the saddest faces when being burped (burping is usually the end of the world lately) and still hates his bum bum changed. He has however decided he likes his bath, but only if you leave his mitts on. Grammy discovered this. He likes to lay in the pack and play and watch the Pooh Bear mobile and waft his adorable little arms and legs all over the place. He is so alert it's crazy. Has been like that from day one. He's such a cutie pie and so strong. He flings his little head all over the place, you really gotta watch it when you're holding him and he's wide awake. He is also much bigger and changing everyday. His hair has started coming in much lighter. I'm so curious to see what their hair and eye colors will be! I'm betting he's dirty blonde with blue eyes. His hair has a tinge of red in it now though. Maybe his sissy will have brown hair and blue or hazel eyes? Her eyes have more grey in them than his. His are quite blue. We shall see! Cameron loves car rides, is still a major binky man, and looks at you with the funniest scowl sometimes when you talk to him. I think he's gonna be the stink eye giver of the two, ha ha. He has the cutest little thumbs and kissable squishy forehead. He lovvves to be swaddled and rocked in the rocking chair with his binky. Sometimes it's the only thing that calms him. In fact I'm doing this right now as I type, ha ha. Good thing I can multitask or else I'd never post anything. I love that he's so snuggly though! Claire has only recently decided she likes to be rocked by Momma. She used to get squirmy and want to be laid down. She lets me smother her in kisses more often now like brother, he he. Both have lost quite a bit of their hair, but his eyelashes are still superdy duperdy long. Just really light in color. This beautiful boy is our precious little piglet! 



I am feeling more human these days, less hormonal but still struggling with swelling and back pain. And of course sleep, ha ha. My left foot is so swollen and my toes go numb. The top of my foot burns like crazy, looks like it's gonna pop. Can't wait to completely de-puff, my legs are still pretty swollen. I love though that my days now consist of only diaper changes galore, washing bottles, feedings and snuggles! These babies smell absolutely delicious! Parenthood is so much more challenging and rewarding than we ever imagined. We have waited so long for this and love these tiny humans more than we could ever say! Can't wait to feel 100% and be able to go do things with them! Bed rest really set me back. Most don't realize just how much. B12 is savvving my life, thanks for the recommendation Aunt Pam! Recovering from bed rest is so much worse than I thought it'd be. So grateful the babies arrived safely though, it was sooo worth it!

They looked so much alike to me today in this picture, I usually don't think they do :) Love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment