Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A day of adventures! - Check up, hospital visit & stroller heaven!

Today I had my post partum appointment with Dr O. He said he was very happy to see me so happy and that most of his twin moms are crying at their post partum visit, ha ha. Funny but so sad. Exhaustion is no joke, neither is the stress of being responsible for two tiny humans at once. So, I'm glad I didn't look as tired as I feel, and that I didn't see him a month ago, lol. I was a crying mess then, ha ha. So nice to feel more normal hormone wise! He said I'm doing excellent and to keep it up. I don't need to see him again for a year. He said it will take awhile longer to totally de-puff. I was concerned that my legs and feet are still quite puffy. This water weight just doesn't want to leave me. My feet and knees hurt a lot (I HATE our stairs right now!) and I can still only wear like two pairs of my shoes and one pair of pants. Hello dresses! But he said it's totally normal. Twins, bed rest and Preeclampsia really pack on the water weight. I had all three, ha ha.

He asked me today if I was breastfeeding. I said only the first couple of weeks because my milk supply tanked because of exhaustion. He said, "Totally common, that's ok, don't worry!" Made me feel good. It has still kinda been bothering me that I couldn't. Bottles are easier as far as not needing to pump and whatnot, but nursing would have been sooo much cheaper and convenient overall. Plus I loved the bonding. Formula prices are just flat out highway robbery! It's disgusting that they charge what they do. 

If I would have had more time I was going to take Dr O and his staff some goodies today, but since I'm pooped all they got was a thank you card and baby announcement. So bummed, I wanted to do something fun. I appreciate them so much though. Dr O gave me his cell number at my first appointment with him and was a big comfort to me during my pregnancy. We always had goals and that helped this stressed out and bed ridden mommy a lot. He's awesome. I always loved hearing him say, "You're still pregnant!!!" in his boomy voice at my appointments, ha ha.

The babies were a hit! Lots of people commented on how cute they were and how neat my stroller is. Seriously, it's heavenly and super handy! If you have newborn twins, or know someone who is going to, get one! It's a must. Less than $70 on amazon. Anyways, I got lots of smiles and looks today. Dr O's medical assistant, Emma, whom I absolutely love, even helped me feed the babies while we were waiting for the doctor to come in. She didn't want to give Claire back, ha ha. She said if she didn't know what kind of fertility treatment we did that she would think that both babies look just like me. She said it was definitely meant to be. So fun to hear! I made Dr O and Emma take a picture with me since the one of us with Dr O at the hospital when they were born didn't turn out great. I think this one turned out cute. So grateful for an awesome doctor and staff!! I look forward to seeing them again in a few years when we do our last embryo transfer! 


We also dropped by the hospital on our way home to return some preterm labor and bed rest cds to my favorite nurse, Cindy. It was nice to be there for fun and not because of NSTs, the dreaded magnesium sulfate or preterm labor, ha ha! Sadly, Cindy wasn't working today so we couldn't say hi, but we found Pam! She works in OB Triage and would always bring out a wheelchair for me when I'd go in for my NST appointments. I was hugely pregnant and on bed rest, so it was much appreciated. She was always so nice and was excited for us today, so I asked her for a picture. Hopefully we can catch Cindy, Katie, and some of my awesome AntePartum nurses another time. This hospital has amazingggg nurses and other staff! Nurses are the ones who truly make or break your stays, and they all made mine very pleasant and fun!

The babies also got to meet Blake's co-workers today! Forgot to get some pictures though dang it. Fail. Since the babies were still sleeping from their bottles at Dr O's office, I figured we may as well stop by since we were out. They were soo good today! I hadn't met anyone at his office and no one had seen the babies in person yet. People at his office are always asking to see pictures and were happy we stopped by. We were greeted by at least ten people excited to see the babies. I'm glad I stopped by, Blake enjoyed it I think.

We even went through the bank drive-thru afterwards, it was quite the day for us! Maybe I shouldn't have done so much because I'm gonna be pooped, ha ha. Oh well, I'm already exhausted. The babies hadn't been anywhere but to doctor appointments before this because I'm a germ freak. RSV, whooping cough and hand foot and mouth have really been going around. Plus, I hadn't wrangled them by myself while out and about til today. Mostly because I've been too tired and didn't want people touching all over them, but also because I was really stressing it. But, it was much more pleasant than I thought it was going to be, I did it! So grateful for my awesome stroller and for such well behaved babies. It was a fun day out even though no one was allowed to hold the babies but Emma. Gotta keep these babies healthy, they're still small little things! We came home, ate, babies passed out again and then we watched some Jungle Book! I love that they love the tv, cause I'm a Disney movie freak! 



2 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad you got out and was able to do it by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooo happy for you Megan! You're doing this twin thing like a champ!

    ReplyDelete