Monday, February 29, 2016

25 weeks - Bedrest, Peeps & Taking it one day at a time!

We had a follow up ultrasound today, unfortunately my cervix has shortened some more. When I'm contracting, my cervical length went from 1.9cm last Monday to 1.1 today (not good), and when I'm not contracting it went from a 2.5 to 2.7cm (tiny improvement but not common, wish it'd stay closed!). The cervix definitely has a mind of its own! Both babies have turned head down now, for the first time ever, so we are hoping it'll help ease some of the contractions and low burning pains without Claire's little buttcheeks being wedged down in the funneling (cervical dilation at top of cervix). Thankfully they didn't send us straight back over to the hospital, I was able to come back home and rest. Soo grateful! Waiting to hear from my doctor, and we have another cervical ultrasound on Thursday morning. Praying so hard that these babies can stay in there another few weeks. 26 weeks is our next goal, then 28. I'm currently 25.5. It's verrry scary to be having contractions and not able to feel them, AT ALL! I keep having nightmares that I'm going into labor and don't know it and then all of the sudden the babies are here. Today was the first time I have felt a cervical contraction and that's only because she was using the ultrasound probe. Apparently only my cervix are contracting and not my uterus? :o

So grateful for my Momma and all her help! Blake and I are trying to not be a big mess, but her help and positive attitude is taking such a burden off. She will never know how much this means to us. She's such a good Grammy, already doing anything she can to help her little grandbabies! And my awesome Granny is watching my sister's sweet little pumpkin so that my mom can be here with me. I am so lucky to have such awesome women in my family!

On the bright side, (besides the babies still looking perfect and big!!) we finalllly got a good bum bum picture of Claire today, ha ha. She's been such a little hider. We would catch a quick glimpse here and there, but never could get a good picture. Yay for an awesome ultrasound tech! Teri is my favorite tech at the high risk office. Even though the last couple of ultrasounds have been bad news, she still is funny, kind and takes her time so we can enjoy seeing the babies. Today Claire was beating upon her brother, last time he was getting her. Their little personalities are already so funny. She's super sneaky and he's not shy at all. Their little legs and feetsies are the cutest, and getting so strong! Their heads have grown as well, so their movements are quite crazy. I'm not sure how much they're loving me laying on my sides day and night (because they're more wiggly), but we thank Heavenly Father for everyday that goes by that they're still in there! Their chance of survival goes way up at 26 weeks. It's 80% at 26 weeks vs 30% at 24 weeks. So, keep cooking little pumpkins!!

It's a girl!
It's a boy!
Baby legs everywhere,  ha ha!

At 25 weeks the babies' nostrils that have been sealed off are opening if they haven't already, along with their eyes! They're approximately 1.7 lbs this week according to my app, but Cameron was already that last week if the ultrasound is accurate. They're packing on more fat and developing more blood vessels under the skin. Their little lungs and vocal cords are also getting ready for prime time. I got two shots at the hospital to help their lungs, so hopefully their surfactant levels are super charged now. That's what helps the lungs expand when they're born so they can breathe. I am craving meats big time! So funny cause I hated them the rest of the pregnancy. I all of the sudden love eggs again, and am enjoying some ginger ale and occasional sweets now. Mom brought me some Peeps back from the store tonight!! Highlight of my day! The third trimester has definitely brought on some major changes. My belly gets bigger by the day too and I love it!! At least what little weight gain I have had is all babies. Bed rest is not fun. My back is beyond killing me, my neck is a mess, the progesterone makes me break out in a nasty cold sweat nightly, contraction meds give you heartburn like no other, my shoulders and hips already hurt, and I can definitely feel more pressure down there when I get up since I'm down all the time now. But, bring on the misery!! We are sooo blessed by this pregnancy. Although our situation is stressful, it could be much, much worse. So glad they didn't decide to come last week!! We will do WHATEVER it takes to get these babies here safely. Taking it one day at a time...small victories are awesome too!

A quick Peeps pic after a super quick bathroom run! Yummy!
Thanks for all of your prayers, comments and concern! We appreciate it oodles! 

2 comments:

  1. You are glowing beautiful lady!! You are in my heart every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet friend!! We are hanging in there and staying pretty positive :)

    ReplyDelete