Thursday, February 11, 2016

23 weeks - Gender recheck, check up & baby kicks!

I had a check up with Dr. O today, the twinnies still look absolutely perfect!! Their hearts sounded great and both are still very active. Especially baby boy Cameron. We were able to see well on the portable room monitor today, yay! The babies are now big enough to see better on it...Cameron is defffinitely a Cameron, ha ha! Dr. O said, "Wow, he's not shy at all is he?! Definitely a boy, as you can see." Lol. And, we were able to tell that Claire is still a Claire! Baby A is the one we weren't really sure on because of the cord between the legs and bad positioning, but she's definitely a baby girl. So, we are for sure getting one of each! :) I have a follow up appointment with the high risk office in 11 days, so they can triple confirm. But Dr. O was quite sure on their genders today!

Still can't believe these cute balloons are OURS!!

They have both switched positions again! They're back to making a T...T is for twins, ha ha! Cameron went from breech (head up) to transverse (sideways), and she went from head down to breech. So she completely flipped around. Would explain the new twisty and weird feelings that I had earlier this week :) He said the reason that I've felt so much movement at the top of my belly this week is because of their new positions. I've got Cameron full body up there, plus Claire's little noggin and arms now. Not sure which way he is turned, so they could be bonking noggins, or he could be kicking her in the head, ha ha. Dr. O said if they don't move much from now on to plan on a c-section. But, we are still rooting for them to both turn head down so I can deliver naturally. He's really wanting me to have a quicker and more pleasant recovery so that I can better care for the babies. But we shall see how things turn out :)

Tiny heartbeats!

I do another glucose test at my visit next month. It's fruit punch flavored this time instead of orange. Hoping my levels come back good again, still eating healthy. I am feeling pretty dang good even though I'm getting bigger quickly. So grateful that the round ligament pain is rare now a days! I tire easy, but that's normal. I've only gained 10 lbs total so far, 20-25 is normal for twins. But I've got some extra "fluff", ha ha, so weight gain isn't as quick usually? Twins definitely suck the food out of you faster than you can eat it, ha ha. But Dr. O said I'm looking great. He said my 5 month twin belly is equivalent to a woman (with one baby) at 7 months. He said I will look full term in about 3 weeks, and then "it's into twin belly territory after that." Ha ha! Made me laugh. He also said to not worry about my cervix shortening a little, for now. We aren't going to worry unless it gets down to a 2. He said fluctuation is normal because of the extra pressure from a twin pregnancy. There is an extra baby, extra placenta and twice the amniotic fluid in there after all. Explains my early back pain also. Love my growing belly and wiggly wiggly babies!! Sorry for all the selfies in bathrooms, Blake works the late shift...

A bigger belly!

Monday night was very exciting!! After our date at Red Robin (yay for gift cards for Christmas!), baby boy was verrry active. He had never kicked that hard before, he must have enjoyed the insanely delicious chicken sandwich and fries as much as I did, he he. Blake and I had redboxed Goosebumps afterwards and were watching it when he started bouncing around, so I paused the movie really quick and put Blake's hand on my belly. Cameron kicked super hard several times, Blake's face was priceless! I wish I could have gotten a picture SOO bad. I think he is finally 100% convinced that there are in fact little babies in there, ha ha. It's still very surreal for me sometimes too, but our men don't get to experience everything like we do, so it's a different experience for them. He said with a huge smile on his face, "Holy crap, there's a little monster in there! It feels like he's doing alligator rolls!" I think it made this pregnancy much more fun for him, was so cute to see him feeling my belly. It's so fun to be able to feel Cameron kick outside my belly now. Felt baby girl outside my belly for the first time yesterday as well! I can feel Claire move mostly at night, but her movements aren't as crazy. Some of what I thought was him was actually her because of their new positions though. It's hard to tell with twins sometimes. He's more active during the day it seems. But both are verrry wiggly from about 7pm to 11pm lately though, probably because of dinnertime. Cameron was so wiggly the other night that it woke me up! I was so surprised. But definitely a pleasant wake up! It's so exciting for me to be able to feel them moving so much everyday, it makes me randomly cry happy tears, ha ha. I still can't believe we are so lucky! YAY FOR HEALTHY BABIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment