Monday, November 30, 2015

12 weeks! - A belly bump AND baby A's placenta has moved!!!

12 weeks...we are so very thrilled to be to this point! I am 12 weeks, ME!!! Woo! The risk for a miscarriage goes down a lot now. It doesn't guarantee that nothing will happen at all during the course of the pregnancy, but boy is it still a relief. Hello second trimester! We hope we don't have anymore scares, but it was nice to be able to see the babies again while at the ER last week. They're so precious, can't believe they're OURS! We love that one is a crazy little dancer, and the other is super mellow. So cute! Some mornings I wake up and I forget for a half a second that I'm pregnant, and then my whole day is completely made when my brain fires up and I remember that there are TWO little babies in there :) We're sooo lucky!

This week the babies are headed toward 2.5 inches long and weighing in at approx half an ounce! They're now the size of a large plum, and their tiny heads are as big as grapes now! Granted they have a lot of maturing to do, it's still so neat to think about. It's only been nine weeks since the transfer...going from microscopic to a plum is pretty impressive! Their bone marrow is starting to produce white blood cells to help keep them healthy after they come into the world. Their digestive systems are starting to contract so they can practice movements necessary for eating. Their kidneys are producing urine, their eyes are closer together, and their ears are almost in their final position. They resemble tiny humans now and look much less alien-like. Their pituitary glands are also starting to make hormones that will help them have children of their own some day! We hope with every fiber of our beings that our sweet babies never have to experience the heartbreak of infertility.

I'm definitely feeling better than I was on Wednesday. Still sore but the pressure has gone and the pain has lessened. Hoping our little ER visit doesn't end up costing us an arm and a leg. Since I'm feeling better the doc doesn't need to see me until the 17th. Good news. AND...I heard from the charge nurse today that my ER ultrasound showed that Baby A's placenta is no longer partially over my cervix!! Yay! That'd explain why the bleeding has decreased to almost nothing over the last week or so. Sometimes these placentas have a mind of their own and can sometimes move back, but we are praying it keeps moving upward as it should. If it's in a good spot and both babies are turned head down, I will be able to have them naturally! I don't do well with surgeries, pain wise. And, I scar badly (Keloidal Scarring) as well. So, I'm terrified of a csection, but will do whatever is needed to get them here safely. Crossing our fingers that I can have them naturally. Keep growing babies, we love you!

Lastly, but definitely not least!...I am super excited to post this pic of me in my jammies, he he...because I have a belly bump!!! ME! I have waited almost NINE YEARS for this moment! We celebrate our 9th anniversary this week and have been trying since we got married. It's easier to feel and see when I'm laying down of course, but here it is! I've seriously bawled several times today so far, so grateful for these two tiny miracles. My belly has felt different internally (if that makes sense) for a few days now, but I didn't really check it out cause I've been so exhausted. But, I couldn't help but notice my bump this morning! It's not super big of course, but I will be huge before we know it :) Hello babies!!


12 weeks 2 days



No comments:

Post a Comment