Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A very special lady! - We love our Granny!

This woman is amazing, fun, wonderful, funny, comforting and sweet!! She is my second mother and has given me so very many wonderful, fun, and loving memories! She helped make my childhood a blast with delicious sugar cookies, Easter picnics, four wheeler rides, sprinklers under the trampoline, games of Yahtzee, Clue and Rummy, deer season camping, birthday camping, rodeos, reservoir drives, fishing and crawdad hunting, fun Halloweens and Christmases, summertime fun as a teenager, and she even helped me master my 9 times tables. We like a lot of the same shoes, clothes and foods. And, we are both worry warts, ha ha. As an adult, I still look forward to our visits, and chips & salsa and Diet Coke with lime on her back yard patio furniture every summer! I even sleep better at her house than I do my own. It was the best place for me to be while doing stressful fertility treatments, it's so relaxing at Granny and Gramps' house! They have a beautiful yard that I love to take pictures of and put on our family calendar every year. They are so fun and we love them dearly.

Not only was Granny my main shot giver during our fertility treatments (she haaated it but did so good!), but because of her help, Cameron and Claire were able to get here safe and healthy. I can't begin to describe how grateful we are for her. As I've mentioned before, my mom watches my younger sister's baby. We had no one else besides Granny to care for her so that my mom could come be here with me while on strict bed rest. Granny didn't even hesitate when Mom called. She watched my sister's baby out of state at my parents home for THREE months with only a few breaks! Every time I said I was so sorry that she had to be away from home for so long, she would reply, "We will do whatever it takes to get those sweet babies here safe!" Every single time. Being away from home, your husband, your own things, your bed, etc., is not easy. Especially for that long! What a trooper! These babies were sooo blessed by her sacrifice and service. And my grandpa even watched my cousin's little girl all by himself for weeks at a time so that Granny cound be there for us! We love Gramps lots too! Thank you Granny, for all that you have done, continue to do, and for all that you are! I come from some awesome women people! Nothing makes me happier than seeing people who are very special to me holding my precious babies.

Some old and recent pictures with my Granny!





No comments:

Post a Comment