Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 1 of Parenthood - First appointment, baby facts and some snapshots!

I can't believe they were a week old yesterday!!!  So crazy! I promise I will post about their birthday and our first few days at home very soon, we are just trying to catch up on sleep right now and recover from 3 months of bed rest, ha ha. All while feeding, cuddling and changing two sweet babies. My body is just wrecked. To say the least. Sooo glad my mom is here, Blake and I would be completely useless if she wasn't here. She is my freaking hero!!! We all look and feel like zombies, but we are loving these sweet little snowflakes to pieces!! 

Cameron is such a good and aggressive little eater. I call him a little piranha, lol. He can't get it fast enough, it's so adorable. He's a little more fussy than his sissy and loves to be cuddled. He's very alert and is super adorable with his big eyes open. He often only opens one when waking up so I call him 'little owl baby', he he. His main nickname so far though is Buster. He's quite laid back also. We are all in love with his chubby cheeks! He weighed in at 5 lbs 4 oz at the pediatrician's yesterday. He's gained 140 grams since the hospital. He weighed 5 lbs 1 oz when born and 4 lbs 14 oz when we left the hospital. He is doing very well and his belly button already fell off. Sissy's fell off only a few hours later. How twinnie of them! :)

Claire is the sweetest, tiniest and most laid back baby I've ever seen. She's a slower eater but is doing great and keeps up with brother. She dreams a lot and makes more noises when sleeping than Cameron. When she's awake you can tell she's deep in thought by her cute little expressions. Her lips are the cutest things ever. She weighed in at 4 lbs 8 oz at the pediatrician's yesterday. Her birth weight was 4 lbs 7 oz and she was 4 lbs 3 oz when we left the hospital. She's gained 100 grams. They were happy with her progress as well. 

For these sweet little ones not being from our own dna, Cameron looks a TON like my brother when he was born! Same head shape and look of face. He looks like my side of the family and Claire looks like Blake to me. She has smaller and a little bit closer together eyes. And her profile reminds me of his too. Both babies have my family's "dolphin toes" (curved piggy toes), Claire has my long toes and chin dimple, and they both have my small pointed upper lips. Cameron has big hands like Daddy too. So fun!! They're definitely meant to be our precious little babies! Beyond grateful they found us. I cry often just looking at them. They're so beautiful and it all still seems like a dream. Last night as I sat in their room rocking Cameron I started to cry. We are finalllly able to use all our adorable baby stuff after all these years. The emotions just hit me like a brick wall out of nowhere and quite often. We have children! Us!! These sweet and beautiful babies are ours for eternity. 

First doctor appointment 
 Loving their Twin Z Pillow from Papa and Grammy 
Owl baby! 
Milk smiles 
Cuddle bugs 
Tiny Clairebear 
Cameron toesies
Chubber cheeks 
 Itty bitty babe 
Bottle with Daddy 
Beautiful little piglet
Milk smiles 
Claire toesies 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment