Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Only 10 more days! - Almost done, NSTs & Red Robin!

There really aren't good enough words to describe how absolutely excited and terrified we are, lol!! Unless I have them before the 13th, OUR baby boy AND girl will be here in only 10 short days! We're just absolutely baffled by this. This whole pregnancy has been so surreal, exciting, stressful, scary, and has flown by. To finally be getting what we have wanted so very badly for so many years is just mind boggling. To say the least. This has been our main and most trying trial since we have been married. It's going to be quite the shock going to OB Triage for something other than NSTs or an issue, ha ha. I seriously want to yell at the top of my lungs as we enter registration, "I'm here because it's baby day, and nothing else!!" It will be even more shocking seeing and holding our beautiful babies for the first time. But, the ultimate shock will be when we get to bring them home...and they get to stay because they're OURS!! I'm so looking forward to meeting these two little people. We're dying to see what they look like, how much they weigh, if they look similar or completely different, etc. The anticipation is killing me. To be able to dress them up in tiny adorable outfits and kiss their little heads and fingers and toes will be so wonderful! It still just blows my mind that there are two tiny people in my belly right now. 

I never thought I would get to experience pregnancy. Ever. As stressful as it has been, it has also been one of the most amazing and life changing things I have ever experienced. And faith building! I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father finally said, "Ok guys, it's your turn!" And that he trusted us and blessed us with two at once. What an honor. My heart has been extra full this week thinking about how amazing it is that we have come this far. We were so terrified that we were going to lose them in February. And here we are now...I'm probably going to have to be induced, ha ha! Such a miracle!! A big, giant heart felt thank you to all of our family and friends that have kept us and the babies in their prayers, have visited, called and sent messages of hope and happiness.

Once again, I am so unbelievably grateful to my mom and grandma. Mom has been away from home, her hubby, her other kids, grandbaby, and her own comfy bed for 10 whole weeks! Hasn't gone home once, though I tried to get her to. We are so grateful to her for all of her help. I am beyond lucky to have been blessed with such loving, amazing and generous parents. Many would not or could not do this for their child. I am so lucky! She has bought groceries, cleaned, done laundry, helped us with the babies room, took care of Slink, and has been my food and drink fairy, etc. Love you mumsy!! And my grandma has been a HUGE help by tending my little niece so that mom could be here with me while Blake works. Babies are a lot of work, you are a real trooper Granny!! I'm glad you were so willing to help out! Love you and Gpa to the moon and back. My Gpa has also cared for my six year old cousin all by himself several times for weeks at a time since my grandma has been gone. Luckily, my sisters are awesome and have helped watch my niece so that Granny could go home a couple of times. Thank you to everyone who has helped get these babies here, we're almost done and love you all so much!!!

Yesterday we went in for our weekly NSTs at the hospital. Mom and I were there for five stinkin hours! They said they were swamped, but I saw mannny empty beds and rooms when I was finally taken back after three hours. Yes, they had a strict bed rest patient sitting for hours on end in a waiting room! I got somewhat dizzy, feet swelled up for the first time, and my back hurts soo bad today it's not even funny. Not to mention I was having contractions every 1.5 - 2 minutes once they got me hooked up to the monitors. I'm sure it was from sitting and standing for so dang long. I'm used to being in bed and doing nothing. Luckily I only felt several of the many contractions I was having. They checked my cervix while there also and I'm still at 3cm, so they aren't contractions to worry about. But, this is definitely not the norm for them, not sure what was going on yesterday. But just glad we got to come home and that we only have ONE more NST appointment, woo hoo!! Babies looked excellent, that's all that matters. Poor Claire had to be buzzed awake again, but both passed the test with flying colors as always. It always breaks my heart when they get buzzed because it makes them jump so bad :( Hang in there babies, no more buzzing after a week and a half! 

While we were waiting though, a woman came up to the registration desk and was crying. She said she had just come from her doctors office and that the baby was no longer moving. It took everything I had to not start balwing my eyes out for this poor poor woman. Here I am griping about the long wait, and here she is heartbroken and trying to comfort her young son that was with her. As she sat next to us and used her son's blanket to wipe her tears, I held my belly and thought to myself how extremely grateful I am that our very wiggly little babies are healthy and almost here!! I just wanted to give her a big hug. Losses are beyond devastating. I hope that she will be comforted by the Lord and will be able to make it through the rough time that's ahead of her. Having experienced a loss also, I have an idea of what she's going to have to endure.

Since we sat there for a ridiculous amount of time in the waiting room...we figured what the heck, let's go eat somewhere! What's it going to hurt at this point?! So, Mom and I went to Red Robin afterward and it was soo fun! I haven't been out to eat in three months! It was so fun to be IN a restaurant eating and not in my bed, ha ha. I felt like a little kid again out on some great adventure. Kinda felt like a rebel too, ha ha. Our food was extremely delicious, despite the fact that they accidentally gave us regular buns at first and not gluten free ones, ha ha. They were extremely apologetic though and even gave us 50% off. Their red chairs are also insanely comfy, but it was tricky trying to figure out the least messy way to eat with my big belly in the way. I look like a fat toad in this picture because I was leaned back, but we had to document my only outting while on bed rest, ha ha! Doctor appointments DO NOT count :) I was so wiped out from the NSTs that I slept over 14 hours last night, ha ha! I sure hope I regain my strength quickly so that I can take good care of these babies! It's getting harder to smile, face is getting pretty puffy :(

I'm getting more puffy and tired, especially my legs and face. Knees are killing me, because of the swelling I can barely bend them and it looks like I no longer have kneecaps. But, blood pressure has been excellent thank goodness! I LOVE our wild babies and my growing belly! It completely squishes my guts and lungs when I roll over though, ha ha :) The babies and their luggage are quite heavy! Claire is still extremely low (nurse felt her head while checking my cervix!), and Cameron still loves my ribs. Ouchie! 

5 comments:

  1. Megan and Blake, I have enjoyed following your journey to parenthood. Best wishes for a blessed delivery day. From Julie (MI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Julie!! We are so excited but so nervous, ha ha. I feel like I won't be able to relax until they're here and in our arms, it has been a long and scary road. It'll be the best day ever though, can't wait to meet our munchkins! Thanks for following us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved watching your journey and can't wait to see them in your arms. Praying delivery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beyond excited for you and Blake, Megan!! By the way, I love your quote by Elder Holland at the bottom of your blog...it is the very same one I have on my fridge right now!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to do whatever it takes to get the babies here safely, plus I'm sure you'll be caring for me much longer in my old age!!! ;-) can't believe we are almost there!!!! I'm so proud of you and the positive attitude you have kept through it all. Bed rest is so hard on a body, but you've managed to keep laughing through it all!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete