Saturday, November 21, 2015

11 weeks! - The babies now have tongues and nipples, he he!

The babies have been growing a ton! They now have fingernails, visible nipples (I think that's so cute for some reason), individual fingers and toes (no more webbed tootsies or fingers), a tongue, open nasal passages on the tiny tips of their noses, and their hair follicles are starting to form. So amazing, I absolutely love reading about their weekly development. We are truly God's greatest creations! The babies are about or just over 2 inches long now, the size of a lime. If we are having any girls, her ovaries are starting to form this week. Daddy thinks we will be having one of each, and I'm thinking two boys! We shall see soon!

My next appointment will be with the high risk center, just waiting for their call to schedule an appointment. We will be doing the NT testing then. It is done between 11 and 14 weeks. It is a simple ultrasound, along with some bloodwork. They measure the babies' neck folds to check for Downs Syndrome, etc. I know, this test sounds a little weird, but it's apparently quite accurate. Hopefully they both look great! Depending on the sexes of the babies, the bloodwork portion may not be very useful to us. Usually isn't for multiples. My doctor explained it like this...I have three sets of DNA circulating through my blood right now (cool!). If we were having one of each and the bloodwork comes back abnormal for a female, we would know the baby girl has an issue since I'm healthy. Same with a boy, I'm obviously not a boy so that one is pretty easy to dicifer which baby as well. But, if we are having two boys or two girls, it gets more complicated. We wouldn't know which baby has the issues. The machine that sorts the DNA is pretty good at sorting two people's, but when you're having more than one baby of the same sex, it becomes harder to sort. We will atleast know something by the neck measurements, but will have to see what we are expecting before going ahead with the bloodwork portion. Make sense? Thought that was cool and interesting. We have amazing technology now a days. If it weren't for science, we wouldn't be expecting twins! :) I'm sure the babies are just fine.

I have been feeling more hungry, and have been able to keep down lots more water. Still throwing up most evenings though. Five nights total though so far without any puking! Yay Unisom, and for being further along! I have felt really dizzy this last week, and this ligament pain is terrible. I guess the dizziness is due to the Progesterone opening up my blood vessels more to carry blood to the babies. I almost fell over twice in the bathroom this morning while brushing my teeth, ha ha. Not fun. And I'm hoping this pain from the Round Ligaments softening and stretching subsides soon, hurts sooo bad. I actually cried last night while we were out at Hobby Lobby because it was so painful. I've discovered walking isn't my friend, and it's starting to hurt worse to get up off the couch, out of bed, and out of the car especially. But, I am so thrilled to almost be three months along! And, there are two little limes in there, so I think I can forgive the ligaments for being excruciatingly painful, ha ha. My body is adjusting for two littles afterall. So cool and still hasn't fully sunk in!! Been eating lots of my Granny's delicious bottled peaches, loving grapes lately, bananas, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, fruity pebbles, baked potatoes, and raisins. Beef and pork are still a no no, gag. However, I can do tuna and pollock fish burgers from Costco on occasion. Weird. I got me some tasty prenatal calcium supplements since I'm allergic to dairy. They are quite good, big fan of the gummy vitamins! 

I haven't gotten my What to Expect When You're Expecting book out in awhile. But, I have to say, it was extremely exciting to move my bookmark from the "how to cope with pregnancy loss" section to the "third month"! BAM!!! Ha ha. We hope with all of our hearts that things keep going well! Thanks for all of your kind and uplifting comments.



Check out my bloated belly! I seriously look quite pregnant already, but it's all bloat. I feel like a human balloon! I can feel my uterus down low, but it ain't this big, ha ha. Oh well, I still love it! Can't wait to have a real belly though.


No comments:

Post a Comment